Anyone tried this type of multi-strand speaker cable

rustydoglim

I saw this generic "high end" 7N OCC Silver-Plated speaker cable on Aliexpress (2m for $23 with free shipping)
In theory, multi-strand insulated speaker cable should be good, has anyone try something like this?

Mike B.

Re: Anyone tried this type of multi-strand speaker cable
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2024, 04:36 pm »
It looks like the cable used in the fake Odin cabling also offered there. Go to the Cable forum at the asylum and do a search on Odin cables. It was a best buy offering by many of the posters there.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2024, 04:46 pm »
I have something similar on the HifiMan He400, its better sound, more transparent,  than the Canare original cable, more musical.

mick wolfe

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2024, 05:13 pm »
I've not tried that particular cable, but a lot of folks over at AudioAsylum ( including myself) have been quite pleased with the Valhalla and Valhalla 2 speaker cable. The Valhalla 2 is my AliEx favorite, but then again, you'll be shelling out closer to $200 depending on the length you choose. (RM Digital Store at AliExpress) These are silver over copper flat profile cables roughly 2" in width. There's another vendor and version of the Valhalla 2 over at AliEx, but they're quite a bit more expensive.

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2024, 03:46 pm »
Assuming that the quality is good and spec is accurate from these OEM vendors, the insulated multi-strand (flat or round)  should be superior than standard OFC copper cable. Nuprime is not going to make cable, but the Nuforce cable design was "best of both worlds" as shown in the illustration:

Multi-layered, "sandwich" construction and superior shielding significantly reduce interactions with the magnetic fields of associated equipment. The SC-700's low-impedance design likewise diminishes interactions with variations in speaker impedance, particularly those of the tweeter and crossover, resulting in crisper, more energetic transients, extends and effortless highs.

mick wolfe

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2024, 04:04 pm »
In regard to the AliEx Valhalla's, I believe they're solid core (not stranded) silver over copper. Regardless, they sound surprising good with the basic Valhalla being the value leader. Usually comes in well under $100 unless you need 4 meters.

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2024, 07:10 pm »
Assuming that the quality is good and spec is accurate from these OEM vendors, the insulated multi-strand (flat or round)  should be superior than standard OFC copper cable. Nuprime is not going to make cable, but the Nuforce cable design was "best of both worlds" as shown in the illustration:

Multi-layered, "sandwich" construction and superior shielding significantly reduce interactions with the magnetic fields of associated equipment. The SC-700's low-impedance design likewise diminishes interactions with variations in speaker impedance, particularly those of the tweeter and crossover, resulting in crisper, more energetic transients, extends and effortless highs.

I still have and use 2 pair of the NuFORCE Speaker cables daily.

I have yet to find anything that surpasses their performance.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2024, 05:03 pm »
The cable in the schematic looks like it was done by committee.
Starts with some good ideas, then others take them out of context and mis-apply them.