Audio Technica ART9

plastico

Audio Technica ART9
« on: 6 Jun 2018, 03:37 pm »
After going through all the ART9 posts on other forums, I finally went ahead and ordered one. Its going to replace my Denon DL-301mk2. I was thinking of getting a Lyra Delos. But this cart seems to good to pass up.
Cheers, Doug

jtsnead

Re: Audio Technica ART9
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2018, 01:29 pm »
Good move been using one for a while comparing to a Ortofon Cadenze Bronze
right now and it is a tough choice

plastico

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2018, 04:07 pm »
Wow! Thats good to know!

rpw

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2018, 08:18 pm »
Between the Bronze and ART 9 which one attenuates surface noise better?

Thanks

jtsnead

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2018, 08:33 pm »
I would say the Bronze but I really have to get more time on it since it is new probably only 20 hours so far.
Once I get my Triplanar arm I going to start with the Bronze to burn them both in.

jsm71

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2018, 05:02 pm »
I bought the ART9 after owning the Lyra Delos for a few years.  The Delos sits off to the side.  I like the ART9 better, cost notwithstanding.  In view of pricing, I like it even better.

plastico

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2018, 12:57 pm »
Well I got 6hrs on this cart so far. It has very similar dimensions to the Dl-301 so instalation was a snap. Oh, I stuck a little dab of blue tack on the nuts and stuck in place on the cart so screwing the screws from the top was a breeze! Oh man, the magnet on this thing could pick up nails from a roofing job! Anyways the first thing I noticed was the soundstage; how huge it is! And the soundstage on the DL-301 is no slouch. The ART9 has better highs, detail and bass than the DL-301. But then again its in a different snack bracket! And everybody kept asking me how much better can it get? It was hard to imagine cause the Denon is a great cart for the price. I just wanted a cart to end my quest for a great table/cart combo; to retire with. I read that it takes up to 100hrs to fully break-in. Oh, the first thing that I noticed when I played a old Nancy Sinatra record was the BLAT from the horns! Just great! 8)
Cheers, Doug

plastico

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2018, 01:00 pm »
My Art9 is breaking nicely. Got about 13 hrs on it. Had some guys over last night and when I played a older regular pressing of Valdy (Cdn folk singer), one of the guys told me that he has heard him live several times; 5 rows away at one time, and this playback was better! And this cart is still breaking in!
Cheers, Doug

jsm71

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2018, 02:01 pm »
At 13 hours you still have a long way to go.  High frequency and micro details won't bloom fully until closer to 100 hours.  I was wondering if the HF details were really in this cart, but they do show up and it's worth the wait.  Keep spinning.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2018, 03:08 pm »
A question on your description of mounting, love the blue tack idea.  But in your description of the magnet strength, is everyone using non magnetic mounting hardware?

plastico

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2018, 04:47 pm »
If they are not, they should be. All my hardware is aluminum, brass or teflon screws/nuts. And the screwdriver AT supplied with the cart is aluminum as well. The magnetic pull from the cart could result in disaster! Yea, the blue tack came to me when I seen it in my cart tool box.
Cheers, Doug