How is the Newport Show going?

Vinnie R.

Re: How is the Newport Show going?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jun 2016, 04:52 pm »
Rolling Rock ?!?!?! :scratch:  Dude, couldn't you find a real beer?

Hi BoxRex,

Lol - sorry, I wasn't in charge of the beer run.  I think Greg and Pete visited the Walmart close by and that
was what they found.

BTW, congrats.  There have been so few DHT based front ends, maybe this will start a trend.... but none better than the LIO of course. :lol:

Thank you - and we'll see what happens!  8)

https://youtu.be/4cxbJ7DBJ1c?t=1m5s

Hi mirekti,

Thank for finding that link and posting!

All,

I'll heading to the airport soon.  With the layover and all, I won't be hope until after midnight  :duh:

Then back to work tomorrow AM.

Have a great week!

Vinnie

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #21 on: 6 Jun 2016, 07:59 pm »
Vinnie has pushed the LIO into very interesting territory with the DHT. Greater sense of realism, faster transient attacks, more realistic detail retrieval and a more robust midband. Combined with the Vittora's and tied together with Petes cables, this was the system to beat. Trust me, until we chat about the likes of megabuck MBL, not many of them did. The tone was right, the music was pumping and many listeners left that room much happier than when they walked in.

Ron B.
New Record Day

PS: Did I mention Vinnie is an award winning innovator?  :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zero

« Reply #22 on: 6 Jun 2016, 08:03 pm »
Is that how we should address him from this point moving forward?

Vedder323

• New Record Day
« Reply #23 on: 6 Jun 2016, 08:06 pm »

I can't see why we wouldn't. Vinnie the innovator? Innovator of the year Rossi? They do have a ring to it!

Zero

« Reply #24 on: 6 Jun 2016, 08:36 pm »
Introducing the award-winning innovator, Vinnie.  First of his name.  The breaker of A/C.  Lord of the Modules. 

schw06

« Reply #25 on: 6 Jun 2016, 08:40 pm »
The Vinnovator

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 6 Jun 2016, 08:44 pm »

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:42 pm »
Vinnie,

Time to wake up and get building some DHT's.   :lol:  Party (Newport) is over but we do look forward to hearing all about it.   :D

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #28 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:51 pm »

We have "John the Revelator"... and now we have "Vinnie the Innovator"!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #29 on: 7 Jun 2016, 04:49 pm »
Vinnie has pushed the LIO into very interesting territory with the DHT. Greater sense of realism, faster transient attacks, more realistic detail retrieval and a more robust midband. Combined with the Vittora's and tied together with Petes cables, this was the system to beat. Trust me, until we chat about the likes of megabuck MBL, not many of them did. The tone was right, the music was pumping and many listeners left that room much happier than when they walked in.

Ron B.
New Record Day

PS: Did I mention Vinnie is an award winning innovator?  :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Ron,

It was a pleasure to meet you and Jon at the show!  Glad you enjoyed our room and thanks for posting your feedback above.

We're all very much looking forward to your LIO review(s) on New Record Day!  8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/NewRecordDay/videos

The Vinnovator

I have to admit I like that one!  :wink:  :green:   But don't make my head get to big.  At least I'm short (5' 6"), so I
won't be able to look down upon you guys.  :icon_lol:

Time to wake up and get building some DHT's.   :lol:  Party (Newport) is over but we do look forward to hearing all about it.   :D

I'm all over it and will begin shipping DHT PRE early next week.  We're moving full steam ahead!

Introducing the award-winning innovator, Vinnie.  First of his name.  The breaker of A/C.  Lord of the Modules. 

Lol - "Lord of the Modules - One integrated to rule them all" (with a picture of Gollum touching the LIO DHT PRE and saying "my precious!")

Such a fun show!  A big thanks to everyone who visited us this weekend...

Lot's of emails to catch up on, and lots of building ahead of me this week!

Vinnie

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
« Reply #30 on: 8 Jun 2016, 12:31 am »
USB dongle, you say?  Pete, any more info to share? :thumb:

Hey Jonathon,
Yep, a short, prototype USB "dongle" was used for connecting from microRendu USB output to the Vinnie Rossi LIO DAC USB input. The "dongle" is a joint venture between Dave Elledge (P.I. Audio Group) & Triode Wire Labs... At the show, we used a "stiff" version (see picture below) but Vinnie has a short (~6") flexible version to try-out at his leisure...

Any other questions, please let me know...

Thanks,
Pete

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: 8 Jun 2016, 12:38 am »

Thanks,
Pete
Can you clock the connectors at 90* to each other?  If the µRendu is sitting on it's side vertical; it stays cooler as it gets air flow across both sides of the aluminum enclosure.  Can you assemble the cables this way?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #32 on: 8 Jun 2016, 12:40 am »
At the show, we used a "stiff" version (see picture below) but Vinnie has a short (~6") flexible version to try-out at his leisure...

Why do I get the feeling that this comment is going to be trouble?  :rotflmao:

audioguy213

« Reply #33 on: 8 Jun 2016, 12:59 am »
How do you prefer it Vinnie?

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
« Reply #34 on: 8 Jun 2016, 01:00 am »
Can you clock the connectors at 90* to each other?  If the µRendu is sitting on it's side vertical; it stays cooler as it gets air flow across both sides of the aluminum enclosure.  Can you assemble the cables this way?

Need to think about it but it seems "doable"...

Why do I get the feeling that this comment is going to be trouble?  :rotflmao:

Vinnie - you're a young guy and that's why you used the "stiff" version... Us older guys may need to use a more flexible dongle...  :lol:

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #35 on: 8 Jun 2016, 01:33 am »
Hey Jonathon,
Yep, a short, prototype USB "dongle" was used for connecting from microRendu USB output to the Vinnie Rossi LIO DAC USB input. The "dongle" is a joint venture between Dave Elledge (P.I. Audio Group) & Triode Wire Labs... At the show, we used a "stiff" version (see picture below) but Vinnie has a short (~6") flexible version to try-out at his leisure...

Thanks,
Pete

Hey, Pete!  Glad you guys had another great show!  How about some of the following (for me and or the crowd watching at home):

1) Price?
2) Can it also be made in more traditional cable lengths? 
3) Is this cable across the board better as a dongle as short as it can be made, or is there a sweet spot in cable length for performance like some of the other USB cables on the market?
4) Any details to share in regards to the build of the cable (connectors, termination, cryo, etc.)?
5) I'm guessing stiff vs. flexible is solid core vs. stranded wire?  Any performance difference between the two?
6) I'm assuming that this cable is designed not to pass power via the USB bus, or are the power connections still there but unused in the case of the uRendu?

That should get the conversation started.  :green:  Feel free to move some of this to a thread in your circle if more appropriate to break off this topic so this thread stays on track with reports from the show. :)

[Edit] Oh, and say Hi to Dave for me!  :thumb:

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #36 on: 8 Jun 2016, 02:32 am »
Those speakers are my dream units.  Sadly I will need to snuff out family members and move into a bigger house to ever accommodate them.  For the time being I will have to suffer with the Pulsars.  It's a tough life! :)

All kidding aside I've always wanted to hear this combo and wish I could have made it to the show.  For a consolation I did order my microrendu today!

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #37 on: 8 Jun 2016, 01:51 pm »
Is that a custom made wooden wedgie that I see used with Vinnie's stiffie connector in the above photo?

Blu99Zoomer

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #38 on: 8 Jun 2016, 04:43 pm »

Ron B.
New Record Day

Thanks for commenting!  I really like your site and respect your opinion.  Have you done a video review of LIO?

Thanks again,
Matthew

Vedder323

• New Record Day
« Reply #39 on: 8 Jun 2016, 04:45 pm »
Thanks for commenting!  I really like your site and respect your opinion.  Have you done a video review of LIO?

Thanks again,
Matthew

Thanks Matthew!

Working the script right now, ill have part I of the review pretty soon.