If you started over...

jorgen

Re: If you started over...
« Reply #40 on: 16 Mar 2015, 12:08 pm »
I am so excited right now.  Dave is flying down this week with all my new cables and power conditioner, then next week Emile from Audio by E is coming down to do the final setup of my new system.  Pretty much every day for the next week stuff is arriving at my house for the new system.  All the new power lines have been installed, all the new woodwork for all the equipment is going in right now.  All the new Cat6a lines are being installed, and I am having so much fun. 

I am already starting my second system.  I haven't broken the news to the wife yet though.  She thinks if I build a dedicated system/man cave in my guest house, she will never see me again.  Although, we looked at a sick house right on the beach a couple of days ago that she wants me to buy.  If I do it has an unbelievable man cave room in it already that I will certainly have to modify.

Have fun with your build...

Hey.
Thats a very good start, just get a new house by the beach and be able to not just start a second system in a smaller room, but really start from scratch! How cool of Dave to come down and bring the cables!  Wonder if he would consider a trip to Norway...if Dave has the cables, i will "bring" the fresh air, coastline, fjords and the mountain.  Close to a fair trade....(in my eyes...)
What kind of gear will be at the ends of the cable?

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #41 on: 16 Mar 2015, 01:11 pm »
We shall see on the new house, but this one is going to rock for a while.

Furutech CF series spades and bananas
Furutech FI-50 carbon fiber/stainless steel series
D4 IC's
Fully upgraded SurgeX SEQ by Dave

I don't know completely, overtime I talk to Dave I seem to upgraded something.  I think we are done now though.  We will take some pics when we get it all laid out.

Just FYI, it was cheaper for me to fly him down than to ship and import everything.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #42 on: 16 Mar 2015, 03:52 pm »
We shall see on the new house, but this one is going to rock for a while.

Furutech CF series spades and bananas
Furutech FI-50 carbon fiber/stainless steel series
D4 IC's
Fully upgraded SurgeX SEQ by Dave

I don't know completely, overtime I talk to Dave I seem to upgraded something.  I think we are done now though.  We will take some pics when we get it all laid out.

Just FYI, it was cheaper for me to fly him down than to ship and import everything.

Yup, I can't talk you into upgrading anything else, I think we have reached the end! :) And it's all done and ready to go... except for a couple finishing touches. Hopefully they won't charge me import duties or anything in the airport!

Looking forward to some warm weather too...

jorgen, it's possible... I used to work for Vestas and spent a lot of time in Denmark but did not make it to Norway. Summers are very nice but I was there the entire month of January and only saw the sun once. I also have 2 sisters who live in Germany.

jorgen

« Reply #43 on: 24 Mar 2015, 10:26 am »
Hi guys

Well I have placed the order to Louis, and since I was planning to go to New York in September Im hoping to go to Norwalk and pick the speakers up personally. I dont need the speakers any sooner anyway since the room they are going to entertain is under recounstruction. Any of you guys familiar with Omega and Decware Rachael? its will be either that one or the Zen Select, .................or maybe another if I find something interesting before I need to order in June or so.

Dave: Denmark in januar I guess is a little more boring than in Norway. We have all the great mountains, and for a snowboarder like you its awesome. Summertime is better in Denmark I guess, and danish beer is good, its popular to go from where I live to Denmark in the summer.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: 24 Mar 2015, 03:28 pm »

Dave: Denmark in januar I guess is a little more boring than in Norway. We have all the great mountains, and for a snowboarder like you its awesome. Summertime is better in Denmark I guess, and danish beer is good, its popular to go from where I live to Denmark in the summer.

Took this picture yesterday near our place.  Winter here was almost non-existent this year.  Summers here are very hot.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #45 on: 24 Mar 2015, 03:44 pm »
jorgen, I was also lucky enough to be in Copenhagen for summer solstice, it seemed like the whole city was up partying all night, I have not seen anything like it. I can't quite keep up with the Danes as far as partying, they are very dedicated!  :green:

Rob, Cherry Orchard?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #46 on: 24 Mar 2015, 04:27 pm »
jorgen, I was also lucky enough to be in Copenhagen for summer solstice, it seemed like the whole city was up partying all night, I have not seen anything like it. I can't quite keep up with the Danes as far as partying, they are very dedicated!  :green:

Rob, Cherry Orchard?
Apricot. Organic.  My family has picked cherries in this orchard (a huge variety of fruits - all organic) and it's alive with insects.  They've also picked in the neighbours orchard which is not organic, and it's almost devoid of insects.