Bicycling Off-Road

Levi

Re: Bicycling Off-Road
« Reply #760 on: 13 Jul 2011, 01:19 pm »
That is a good race. 

Anobody knows if Lance riding this year?

sandbagger

« Reply #761 on: 13 Jul 2011, 04:06 pm »
From what I have heard/been told.....
no Lance
No Levi ( or at least he hasnt said anything either way) and has crashed what 5 times so far in the tour?
No Dave Wienes
JHK should be in???
Have heard there should be a few real real fast guys from Europe and a few from South America

Looks like the podium is up for grabs

That is a good race. 

Anobody knows if Lance riding this year?

jackman

« Reply #762 on: 13 Jul 2011, 04:55 pm »
No Levi?  My pick is the other Levi, the one with more hair and on Audiocircle!!!

jackman

« Reply #763 on: 13 Jul 2011, 04:58 pm »
Hey guys, where do you install a frame pump?  I have a cool Lyzene and it looks strange on my seat tube. Does it go on the down tube?  My waterbottle blocks wind so it appears more aero on the seat tube. Any idea?

sandbagger

« Reply #764 on: 13 Jul 2011, 05:04 pm »
I carry a CO2 inflator with 2 spare carts, 1 tube and an instant patch kit, any more than that and I will walk out

coke

« Reply #765 on: 13 Jul 2011, 05:06 pm »
Mount it where your water bottle is and use a camelbak  :thumb:

jackman

« Reply #766 on: 13 Jul 2011, 05:15 pm »
Hi guys, road cyclists don't use camelbacks!  It's strictly forbidden.

I have a CO2 but wanted to also carry a pump.  It can mount under either water bottle holder and I was wondering which one is better, seat tube or down tube.

Thanks!
J

Levi

« Reply #767 on: 13 Jul 2011, 07:35 pm »
If you like the convenience of carrying a real pump, simply stash it in your jersey pocket.

Keep your bike as clean as possible.  No bags.  No mudguards.  That's just me.  :lol:

Hi guys, road cyclists don't use camelbacks!  It's strictly forbidden.

I have a CO2 but wanted to also carry a pump.  It can mount under either water bottle holder and I was wondering which one is better, seat tube or down tube.

Thanks!
J
Hey guys, where do you install a frame pump?  I have a cool Lyzene and it looks strange on my seat tube. Does it go on the down tube?  My waterbottle blocks wind so it appears more aero on the seat tube. Any idea?

jackman

« Reply #768 on: 13 Jul 2011, 07:44 pm »
What do you know Levi, look at that filthy bike!   :wink:Anyway, I appreciate your help.  I hate carrying things (it's my road bike) and have it on the seat tube at the moment.  It's too big for my pocket anyway because I bought the medium. 

The Lezyne pump is a work of art and very lightweight.  I used my friends on a real flat and it works well.  CO2's are great but I'm digging my pump.  Got the shiny silver.  Pimp-tastic!

J

Levi

« Reply #769 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:27 pm »
Lezyne are well made.

I used lots of floor pumps.  Lezyne's aluminum floor pump works really well. It allows me to seal the beads on my tubeless setup. 

What do you know Levi, look at that filthy bike!   :wink:Anyway, I appreciate your help.  I hate carrying things (it's my road bike) and have it on the seat tube at the moment.  It's too big for my pocket anyway because I bought the medium. 

The Lezyne pump is a work of art and very lightweight.  I used my friends on a real flat and it works well.  CO2's are great but I'm digging my pump.  Got the shiny silver.  Pimp-tastic!

J

sandbagger

« Reply #770 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:38 pm »
It prep of the Tree Farm relay race on the 23rd I went out with another team member that is WAY faster than me and hammered(for the 2nd time on dirt this year)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98972930

jackman

« Reply #771 on: 14 Jul 2011, 03:48 pm »
Hi guys, I'm really sorry for posting in the wrong thread!  I thought this was road cycles (on road) and wasn't paying attention.  On my MTB, I would just pocket the pump.  Too much brush and mud to put it on the frame.  Plus, you totally should use a Camelback water bottle on an MTB.  I loved mine and will have to get a new one eventually because I can't find it!

Cheers and thanks!

J

Levi

« Reply #772 on: 14 Jul 2011, 04:29 pm »
Cool.  I fun ride last Sunday.  I had to do 2 1/2 laps to get 24miles off-road.

It is funny we did the same amount of riding time of @2:19hrs.  :thumb: 
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98333946

It prep of the Tree Farm relay race on the 23rd I went out with another team member that is WAY faster than me and hammered(for the 2nd time on dirt this year)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98972930

Jack: I use water bottles for goofing around and for training.  On a race, the same bottles.  If it is endurance race ranging 40+ miles, I use 70mL Camelbak.  The new 2011 bladder are much lighter, easier to fill and clean. 

We used to have both Off-road and On-road thread combined together.  Having said that, I will be doing another Century this Sunday.  It is going to be another fun ride (not a race).   :D

Hi guys, I'm really sorry for posting in the wrong thread!  I thought this was road cycles (on road) and wasn't paying attention.  On my MTB, I would just pocket the pump.  Too much brush and mud to put it on the frame.  Plus, you totally should use a Camelback water bottle on an MTB.  I loved mine and will have to get a new one eventually because I can't find it!

Cheers and thanks!

J

Levi

« Reply #773 on: 15 Jul 2011, 02:09 am »
I love tools. 

Here is an excellent tool that I use for truing rotors.  The middle one can be used as a bottle opener.  :thumb:

Levi

« Reply #774 on: 15 Jul 2011, 01:30 pm »
Most problem with rotor alignment is hitting it against something...during a crash, Taking them off and putting the wheels back in etc.

Here is a more precise and fun way of aligning rotors.  I also have the dial gauge to align them within .01mm only to put the wheel back bending it again.   :D. It is quicker to true them in place. Trial and error type.

Levi

« Reply #775 on: 19 Jul 2011, 04:12 am »
I finally had some time to install the new FIT Terralogic cartridge assembly.  Installation took only 10minutes.  It directly replaced the old FIT RLC assembly.  Simply pull the old one out and drop the new one in.  That is there is to it.  Basically. 

I only had very little opportunity to test and ride the new FIT Terralogic.  With Terralogic as simply stated you don't need a lockout on the fork or handle bar.  It is all automatic.  This thing truly works!

The only downside that I see is in the weight.  Terralogic cartridge assembly is 272g vs FIT 165g.  The weight difference is nothing to worry because the performance and efficiency that the new Terralogic cartridge offers outweighs the weight penalty.   :thumb:

Cheers!

Lockout replaced by rebound damper adjustment.

Installed

sandbagger

« Reply #776 on: 19 Jul 2011, 04:49 pm »

Levi

« Reply #777 on: 27 Jul 2011, 02:10 am »
I rode my MTB from home to the nearest off-road trail testing my new Terralogic setup.  Preparation for the Dark Horse 40 race.  It is a 40 mile off road race.  :)

Levi

« Reply #778 on: 1 Aug 2011, 12:41 am »
Yet another day at the race.  Picture was taken at Dark Horse 40 2011.  :)

Levi

« Reply #779 on: 8 Aug 2011, 02:08 pm »
The Dark Horse 40 race is a tough race but in the end it is a rave party.

2 tents full of good friends

Catered food

Free gels and swags