Bicycling Off-Road

JoshK

Re: Bicycling Off-Road
« Reply #740 on: 28 Jun 2011, 03:01 am »
I'm just teasing.  I am 100% sure you are far more fit than me and 99% sure you are a better rider than me. 

coke

« Reply #741 on: 4 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm »

Levi

« Reply #742 on: 8 Jul 2011, 01:55 pm »
That camera is very nice. I have a Gopro but it is not HD. :)

I have many videos That are truly long. I hate post prossesing so it will be awhile to edit and upload them.

A couple vids from today.  Bike is a yelli screamy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11S2wbdIrpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvOGsAUxNfM

Levi

« Reply #743 on: 8 Jul 2011, 01:56 pm »
Josh: we should go to Stewart State Forest before you leave.  It houses one of the largest single track meca in State of New York.

JoshK

« Reply #744 on: 8 Jul 2011, 02:33 pm »
I am moving the end of next week, so it would need to be soon.  My fitness level is pretty low right now, I am not sure I could keep up with you.

Josh

Levi

« Reply #745 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:00 pm »
Your move is surely quick. 

There is still a possibility for next Friday morning ride, I will call a couple of guys, the more the merrier.  No worries about keeping up.  It is a no drop ride.

JoshK

« Reply #746 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:10 pm »
I will overseeing the moving company next Friday.  I am not working from here to then, but I have TONS to do, so I can get out for an early morning ride.  Was thinking of Sunday morning at Jungle Habitat.

Josh

Levi

« Reply #747 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:16 pm »
IF you are free this Sunday there is UCI World Cup Mountain Bike racing in Windham, NY.  Or at Cathedral Pines in Long Island for ride then BBQ event.  :) 

I have a Gold Coast century ride next Sunday the 17th so that is not going to be good.

JoshK

« Reply #748 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:53 pm »
I don't think I have enough time, other than a 2-3 hours on any morning.  Next Sunday, the 17th I am moving.  I start on the 18th. 

coke

« Reply #749 on: 8 Jul 2011, 05:00 pm »
That camera is very nice. I have a Gopro but it is not HD. :)

I have many videos That are truly long. I hate post prossesing so it will be awhile to edit and upload them.

Yeah, I love it.  I also have a helmet mount i use for dirtbikes and 4wheelers.  I hate editing videos, so I try to just start and stop the camera when I'm riding and make a bunch of short vids.  I do miss a lot of wrecks and other cool stuff because of this though.  :lol:

Levi

« Reply #750 on: 8 Jul 2011, 05:25 pm »
I should start editing my video. I like the chest mount.

coke

« Reply #751 on: 9 Jul 2011, 06:45 pm »
I hadn't ridden at this place in a few months and was surprised to see this.  Lots of fun and it looks like they plan on building more.  :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTyByX6-CUA

JoshK

« Reply #752 on: 9 Jul 2011, 07:57 pm »
That looks like fun!

I am really excited that very soon I'll be in Toronto and a really decent looking park is right in my backyard, Don Valley (lots of youtube vids are available).  I'd say it less than a mile from where I live.  No more driving 40 miles to hit the trails!  I could even go after work!

Levi

« Reply #753 on: 9 Jul 2011, 08:04 pm »
Those French-English speaking women are great too. ;)

JoshK

« Reply #754 on: 9 Jul 2011, 08:17 pm »
From everything I've heard and the little I saw in my recent two day trip, I'd say I have nothing to complain about when it comes to the women of Toronto!

Here is what one website has to say about Don Valley
Don Valley - 10km, Beginner-Expert. The trails are in the section of the Don Valley Ravine that stretches from the Don Valley Brickworks in the south to Thornhill Park in the north. There are some good sections of single track and the sides of the ravine offer some interesting climbs and descents. Some north shore style elements have been built in some areas, some are pretty good and some suck. Don't ride these trails when it's wet. You can access the area from several points including the Mount Pleasant Cemetery and Bayview and Pottery Road. Toronto, Toronto Region, Ontario

the whole story
http://www.out-there.com/ton01mtb.htm

I lied it is 2.8 miles...still riding distance!

werd

« Reply #755 on: 9 Jul 2011, 09:01 pm »
I am a newly converted cyclistist. I just bought a nice Rocky Mountain bike for my wife. I use a cheap Canadian tire brand its full suspension but needs to be set up correctly. I have a dealer right in the neighborhood where i bought my Rocky Mountain. He also sells Specialized thats into the thousands. He has great inventory. What other brand names are out there in Mountain bikes?

Levi

« Reply #756 on: 9 Jul 2011, 09:09 pm »
Congrats on your new bike.  :thumb:

Brand names?  Lots.

You have the main bike companies that sells complete bikes:
Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, Jamis, Kona, Scott, niner, diamond bike, Ventana  etc.

You also have bike companies that sells you custom frames that you can build with your own specs.  This is where it truly gets expensive.
Alchemy Litespeed, Merlin, serotta, Seven, Lynskey, Ellsworth, Voodoo, etc

werd

« Reply #757 on: 9 Jul 2011, 09:51 pm »
Thanks Levi. I was just trying to jog my memory. Probably end up with a specialized since i have that neighborhood store to pick from.  :thumb:

Levi

« Reply #758 on: 13 Jul 2011, 01:42 am »
Good luck with the purchase. 

2 more weeks for the Dark Horse 40 race.  That's 40miles of off-road race.  :thumb:

http://www.bikereg.com/events/Register.asp?EventID=11975

sandbagger

« Reply #759 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm »
And only 1 month till Leadville 100

http://www.leadvilletrail100.com/lt100races/LeadvilleTrail100MountainBikeRace/course.aspx

I really want to go out for it this year and watch a friend race it again, he was in last years movie