Bicycling Off-Road

eastwes

Re: Bicycling in New York City
« Reply #120 on: 12 Sep 2009, 12:05 am »
Ah, Wes is using photoshop or some photography trick to make it look that big and macho! :lol:

Great looking bike, Wes.  I still think about listening to that 45 RPM of Ricki Lee Jones singing
Steely Dan.  Just fantastic! Thanks for being such a gracious host.  The fact that you remembered
that conversation with my sister and friend on the Brooklyn subway (we had never met), then we did meet you at the rave that weekend, is still one of my all time favorite weird stories in New York.
Thanks again!
Lyndon

Lyndon,

The pleasure (and the experience you related) are all mine!  It was a lot of fun to make you and your sister's acquaintance.  Hope to get the opportunity to do it again one of these days soon! Word to the wise: watch what you say on the subway.  I might be listening...   :shake:

W.

SET Man

« Reply #121 on: 12 Sep 2009, 12:42 am »
Hey!

Nice bike Wes. Maybe you, I, Levi and maybe others can take our bike for a spin around Central Park some time :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Sounds like fun Buddy.  Only problem is that you're ALWAYS working!!!  :banghead:

Hey!

Well, not ALWAYS Wes.  :icon_lol:  Hey! I'm off today  :lol: It is just that I don't have weekend off now.  :?

You know maybe I can ride my bike down long the bike path from Queens to your place to listen you system.... don't know when but one of these days  :icon_lol: Oh! wait can't do that because I can't ride with  my LPs  :duh:

Take care,

mjosef

« Reply #122 on: 12 Sep 2009, 03:32 am »
can't do that because I can't ride with  my LPs

Sure you can, strap them to your back....like so... :lol:

SET Man

« Reply #123 on: 12 Sep 2009, 04:19 am »
can't do that because I can't ride with  my LPs

Sure you can, strap them to your back....like so... :lol:

Hey!

Too risky to do with my precious vinyls LPs. Some are OOP you know   :icon_lol:

Take care,

Levi

« Reply #124 on: 15 Sep 2009, 03:40 am »
Here you go buddy.  I find this Timbuk2 bag essential if you do commuting in a bike.  :thumb:

Timbuk2 Lex Messenger Pack Large.  Dimensions   19.5 x 17.5 x 7.5 inches

SET Man

« Reply #125 on: 18 Sep 2009, 01:10 am »
Hey!

Well, that's look like a perfect side for vinylphile cyclist on the go :D

I think I will just take the subway with my LPs. Hey! How often do I need to ride bike with LPs anyway. :D

But that is a good looking bag. Maybe I will pick one up to replace my old backpack :D

Take care,

Levi

« Reply #126 on: 18 Sep 2009, 02:32 am »
I  have the Timbuk2 commute pack and I really loved this laptop backpack.  :thumb: It is well designed that it distributes the weight off your shoulders and into your back (lumbar).  Not cheap by no means.

Levi

« Reply #127 on: 21 Sep 2009, 03:24 am »
If anyone is interested:  Minnewaska Mountain Bike Festival 2009 - Sept 26, 2009.  Here is the link to the event

http://www.gumba.org/fest/index.php

There will be group rides for all skills. 
There will be clinics on:
Bike safety checks.
Trailside Bike Repair.
Helmet fitting.
Bike fitting.
Riding techniques.

It should be fun aa  I am bringing my family.  I hope to see some of you there.  Rain date is Sept 27, 2009 (Sunday).

--Levi

Levi

« Reply #128 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:04 pm »
What a perfect day yesterday at Lake Minnewaska, New Paltz NY!  We had lots of fun!

I have a few pictures that I took of the event.

Minnewaska Moutain Bike Festival 2009

Specialized bike sponsor

New Bike!

Levi

« Reply #129 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:07 pm »

Lake Minnewaska view from the top

View from the level ground...note my son's Litespeed bike

My Merlin XLM bike

Levi

« Reply #130 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:11 pm »

Road trip!  Mountain bikes on Thule 518 Echelon roof rack.

Finally, we ate at a good Japanese Steak House in New Paltz

Desert

Until next time!

BikeWNC

« Reply #131 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:18 pm »
I've been to a few of those Specialized demo days.  It's the only time I would get to ride a top of the line mtb because I would never buy one.  But they sure are nice!

Levi

« Reply #132 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:53 pm »
Ha ha ha...ditto!  :lol:

My reasoning to that is that all my bikes' components are hand picked.  All my frames are custom sized.

I've been to a few of those Specialized demo days.  It's the only time I would get to ride a top of the line mtb because I would never buy one.  But they sure are nice!

Don_S

« Reply #133 on: 27 Sep 2009, 04:20 pm »
Levi,

Mr. Monk says your bike looks suspiciously clean in the close-up by the lake.  Did you carry it all that way just for a glam shot?  :wink:

Levi

« Reply #134 on: 27 Sep 2009, 04:48 pm »
:lol: Ha ha ha...I rode the whole length of the ride even though it left me breathless on the top.  8)

No one should ride the trails when it's muddy.  Riding on mud negatively impacts the trail and eventually the environment.  :)  Ultimately, it makes your bike dirty.  :P

Levi

« Reply #135 on: 28 Sep 2009, 01:09 am »
Just an FYI...there is going to be a CLIMB sponsored mountain bike event next weekend.  It will be held in Cathedral Pines, Long Island. 

For more information:  Check out www.climbonline.org

I will be away on a trip to Atlanta, Georgia. 

--Levi

Levi

« Reply #136 on: 9 Oct 2009, 01:13 am »
Fat Tire was a Great Success!  It is too bad I could not make that one. 

Here is a video I took today at Cunningham Park.  It's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: 9 Oct 2009, 04:50 am by Levi »

toobluvr

« Reply #137 on: 9 Oct 2009, 01:13 pm »

What's goin' on there Levi?

Crotch cam?

:lol:

Levi

« Reply #138 on: 9 Oct 2009, 01:31 pm »
That is seatpost mount GoPro cam. Stay tuned, I will take you through the woods with my new sport camera. ;)

Levi

« Reply #139 on: 21 Oct 2009, 01:33 pm »
I did my first night riding in the woods @Cunningham Park last night!  There were 5 of us and that was lots of fun!  My problem is that I was over driving my lights.  I have a handlebar mounted HID and a helmet lights.  The light output on those HID lights will put a shame on most of today's cars.  Tsk..tsk...tsk...I need more lights! 

There were no freaks out in the woods.  Perhaps it is weeknight  :lol: