Glenn's (GIK) personal artpanel. ;)

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
Glenn's (GIK) personal artpanel. ;)
« on: 21 Jan 2011, 03:17 pm »
One of my favorite German artist, Florian Süssmayr, gave me a large format file of one my favorite paintings from him, which I made a personal ArtPanel for my home. WOW is all I can say! More pictures to follow. BTW sorry about the light and crap around the picture. I was so exited to get to my home I did not want to move anything around at the office.  :lol:
And before anyone asks, that is Christina our lead customer service rep in the picture.

Glenn Kuras
GIK Acoustics
www.gikacoustics.com

« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2011, 05:24 pm by Glenn Kuras »

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: Glenn's (GIK) personal artpanel. ;)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2011, 03:23 pm »
Glenn,

How can I get one? :)

Thanks,

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2011, 03:40 pm »
Glenn,

How can I get one? :)

Thanks,

Of that picture?? Can't do it as it was a gift from the artist to me. You don't even want to know the price of that painting as a original.  :duh:  :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2011, 01:32 am by Glenn Kuras »

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2011, 03:44 pm »
Ah,

I was thinking about having one like that as both an art piece and room treatment panel would really look awesome in someone's listening room. :)

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2011, 03:52 pm »
That is the whole reason for the Artpanel,  Art look + Art of sound control.  :thumb:

sl_1800

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2011, 03:54 pm »
Very nice.  :thumb:

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2011, 04:08 pm »
BTW guys any of you want to take a guess at who is in the picture?? Florian actually took the picture at a concert (I think he took the picture) many many years ago. He then painted it.

I did lie a bit. It was not free as I promised Florian a day at Oktoberfest, in Munich this year. Trust me it ain't a cheap day of drinking with Florian!   :P :P

Charles Xavier

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2011, 08:48 pm »
BTW guys any of you want to take a guess at who is in the picture?? Florian actually took the picture at a concert (I think he took the picture) many many years ago. He then painted it.

I did lie a bit. It was not free as I promised Florian a day at Oktoberfest, in Munich this year. Trust me it ain't a cheap day of drinking with Florian!   :P :P

Someone from The Clash ?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2011, 08:50 pm »
Glenn,

How large is the panel?

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2011, 09:33 pm »
My friend BillatLakeGeorge has a couple of GIK's art panels on his back wall above his couch and I can personally attest to the quality of these photo tranfers. These panels really need to be seen in person to truely appreciate them IMHO.  :thumb:

It has me wondering if it would be possible using a silkscreen cover to do this same thing over a diffuser and keep it functional? The thought occurred to me as I own 3 Furutech Room diffusers that uses a silk screen cover and they would be oh so more appealing with artwork. So I just thought I'd throw that idea out there for your own diffusers, fwiw.  :D

Oh yeah, a picture of a dude's back does nothing for me personally but whatever floats yur boat.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2011, 10:12 pm »
Someone from The Clash ?

Kind of the same time frame and "kind of" the same type of music (some may disagree). Hint they are from the USA and you see kids wearing there tee shirts all time that have never really heard there music.  :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, a picture of a dude's back does nothing for me personally but whatever floats yur boat.

Hard to tell from the picture but it is a front shot of the guy

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2011, 10:13 pm »
Glenn,

How large is the panel?

George

I did not measure it when it was done, but my production guy said it was over 6' long and around 32" wide.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2011, 10:35 pm »
The Cars

Kind of the same time frame and "kind of" the same type of music (some may disagree). Hint they are from the USA and you see kids wearing there tee shirts all time that have never really heard there music.  :lol: :lol:

Hard to tell from the picture but it is a front shot of the guy

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 22 Jan 2011, 01:16 am »
The Cars

Are there kids running around in The Cars shirts??  :lol:

Ok another clue. There first gig was  March 30th 1974 and it was NOT at CBGB's, but most would have thought.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #14 on: 22 Jan 2011, 01:22 am »
the Ramones

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jan 2011, 01:27 am »
the Ramones

ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!! Dee Dee

Charles Xavier

« Reply #16 on: 22 Jan 2011, 01:32 am »
ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!! Dee Dee

:bounce:

Cheerwino

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2011, 01:48 am »

:bounce:

Awesome! Congrats Charles!

Now I want one! Glenn, could you license the image for art panels? They could be limited edition prints with a signed rear plate from the artist. It wouldn't exactly be a giclée print but still, it's functional art. It would also be an easier sell with my wife if it had some art and collector value, rather than a foam panel. Just an idea.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #18 on: 22 Jan 2011, 02:11 pm »
Awesome! Congrats Charles!

Now I want one! Glenn, could you license the image for art panels? They could be limited edition prints with a signed rear plate from the artist. It wouldn't exactly be a giclée print but still, it's functional art. It would also be an easier sell with my wife if it had some art and collector value, rather than a foam panel. Just an idea.

Well I guess I could ask him. Give me a few days on it.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #19 on: 22 Jan 2011, 03:29 pm »
Well I guess I could ask him. Give me a few days on it.

Do I get one for free for guessing ? :thumb: The competition was tough ,me myself and I.