New purchaser of Bacch4mac intro speaker advice

uclarob1@gmail.com

New purchaser of Bacch4mac intro speaker advice
« on: 20 Feb 2024, 12:20 am »
Bacch sp 4mac. Any recommendations on speakers?  I currently have q acoustic concept 50

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New purchaser of Bacch4mac intro speaker advice
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2024, 01:37 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2024, 02:02 pm »
Bacch sp 4mac. Any recommendations on speakers?  I currently have q acoustic concept 50
Welcome to AC  :)

Seems like those should work just fine. You want something that performs well with a lot of toe in, listening directly on axis, to reduce first reflections. Edgar also recommends near field position (either locating the chair or moving speakers forward) if that works in your situation. I use Dutch & Dutch 8c's, which are cardioid @100hz up for the mid-woofer and a waveguide on the dome tweeter @1250hz up, so they are fairly directional. We demonstrated the 8c's with the Bacch SP ADIO at Florida Audio Expo last weekend with great results. Other 8c users also have Bacch4Mac versions.

I also recommend joining Audiophile Junkie's WhatsApp group, which has many Bacch users with a wealth of experience.

For those unfamiliar, info on the Bacch technology mentioned can be found here https://www.theoretica.us/bacch4mac/

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2024, 02:26 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2024, 02:30 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb: