SongTowers in Candy Apple "Hellfire" - SOLD

jsalk

SongTowers in Candy Apple "Hellfire" - SOLD
« on: 2 May 2014, 09:23 pm »
It had been quite a while since we took a pair of SongTower QWT's to an audio show.  So we thought it would be nice to bring a pair in order to demonstrate just how great this design is.  With AXPONA coming up, we talked about what kind of finish to put on a pair for the show.

We had just finished a pair of SoundScape 8's in "candy apple burgundy."  That is what Dan, our customer, wanted.  But we couldn't find a color called that.  What we did find was a color called Hellfire  It was a deep burgundy color over all.  But when light stuck it, it was a fiery deep red color.  It was a stunning finish.

We had a bit of the paint left after shooting Dan's SS8's, so we decided to finish a pair of SongTower's for AXPONA using that color.

It is quite unusual to have this type of finish on a pair of SongTowers.  After all, the paint costs almost half as much as the speakers themselves.  But they really turned out nice.

Here are some pictures...

This is a difficult finish to photograph, but you can probably see how bright the highlights are compared to the rest of the speaker.  That is what happens when light hits the surface...it comes alive!

Here is a close-up...

The reaction to these speakers at AXPONA was very positive.

Normally, these speakers would cost about $2700 to reproduce.  But this pair is available for $2295 and are available now.  If you were looking for an unusual pair of SongTowers, this might be the ticket.  But you may want to act quickly as we don't imagine these will be around long.

- Jim

« Last Edit: 3 May 2014, 07:32 pm by jsalk »

Q3Di

Re: SongTowers in Candy Apple "Firecracker"
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2014, 09:32 pm »
Wow! I love the color. I wish that my Tyler Decade in this sexy finish

GlennDog

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2014, 10:25 pm »
Hi Jim,

Are these set-up to audition? I'd like to stop by tomorow, if you're available . . .

Glenn

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2014, 11:22 pm »
I did see those at the show and the finish is very nice!

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2014, 12:38 am »
Hi Jim,

Are these set-up to audition? I'd like to stop by tomorow, if you're available . . .

Glenn

Glenn -

I will be at the shop in the afternoon (after around 1PM).  If you'd like to stop by, feel free.  You will have to call me when you arrive as the building is locked on the weekends.  But call the number on our web site and I can come down and open up for you.

- Jim