Any Opinion on Firefox v70 ?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Any Opinion on Firefox v70 ?
« on: 25 Oct 2019, 11:41 am »
Anyone have updated it to v70 ?
Any opinion or comment?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: Any Opinion on Firefox v70 ?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2019, 12:11 pm »
My FireFox was (automatically) updated to 70 on Oct 22. No problems I can see.  :thumb:
I am a happy FireFox user. 
I also had Opera installed, and oddly my WifI connection to the internet, would randomly break connection almost every day while using FireFox. (and I would have to close and reboot to be able to get it back) But once I removed Opera (which was sending all my info gleaned off using FireFox anyway, even though I never used Opera..) I removed Opera from my computer, and no more breaking of the connection to my WiFi net. Who would have thought....  :popcorn:

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2019, 03:12 pm »
Fast, quick and never crashes. I'm currently up to 71.0b4 (64 bit) and I put in a web address and it still works - can't ask for anything more.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2019, 03:53 pm »
Any changes in tabs or bookmarks?

Elizabeth

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2019, 06:10 pm »
Tabs and bookmarks all fine. My one gripe, and it was well before v70, last Spring, Suddenly once in awhile I would click on an open tab (with others) and THAT tab would suddenly open in a new Window. (all the other tabs are OK in the old window under the new one... I have no idea how to merge them back together though.  Annoys the H out of me. But it only happens if I am in a hurry, I have no idea what I am 'touching' with the pointer, but it just is weird. Since it only happens maybe once a week, I am not going to go search for the solution.

One thing.. A long while back i refreshed FireFox from the FireFox menu in FireFox. That lost all my markers. BUT, another time I did it from the FireFox website, and Darn! all my markings stayed and were still there. It may just be they fixed whatever lost all my markers. Or not??

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2019, 07:40 pm »
I have no idea how to merge them back together though.
To merge tab again should drag the tab through the upper lapel to the group tab line.

Check tabs options at OpenMenu/General/Tabs
I never had prob w/my bookmars but its good keep an eye on it.

Elizabeth

« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2019, 08:35 pm »
I have no idea how to merge them back together though.
To merge tab again should drag the tab through the upper lapel to the group tab line.
Hey yeah easy as can be. I am stupid beyond the pall...  :thumb:

Doublej

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2019, 08:40 pm »
... But once I removed Opera (which was sending all my info gleaned off using FireFox anyway, even though I never used Opera..) ...

Wow. How did you find that out?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2019, 02:11 pm »
I have just updated to v70 now, it was need to made an adjust at tabs min height to my surprise, they always mess the interface for some reason beyond me.