Fresh off of the bench

Pez

Fresh off of the bench
« on: 25 Aug 2022, 06:31 pm »
I make a lot of exclusive gear for members. I don't always get around to posting my creations, but I'm going to make a concerted effort to post at least a few photos of every custom piece I do. I think you all might enjoy seeing some of the craziness.

This piece is unique. Client wanted something totally different and we went with an ultra feminine color scheme. Gotta be honest, I love it! This is going on a pair of Meze Liric headphones with an iFi Gryphon portable DAC. I used 3.5 TRRS for the headphone end to reduce the amount of material in the signal path vs using a standard TRS which would have to barrel and shield connector in the signal path. amp end is a 4.4 TRRRS pentaconn.  Sounds insanely detailed on my test gear.  8)

artur9

Re: Fresh off of the bench
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2022, 03:32 am »
Please don't post these.  You'll make me spend money I don't have.

All kidding aside, these are drop dead gorgeous.  Picture makes it look a bit like a rattlesnake.  Was that intentional?

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2022, 03:43 pm »
The way KnØt is designed sorta does have a snake like texture. I wouldn’t say it was intentional to look like that. More of a side effect of the specific geometry I designed for balanced headphone cables. The cable has 8 separate wires. 4 for right and 4 for left. Each channel has signal plus and signal minus running parallel to each other to improve signal arrival time.

The cable has an otherworldly feel. It’s very lightweight and It can be stretched and it holds its shape very well. Hard to explain, but in the end makes it much more user friendly

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2022, 08:13 pm »
These bad boys went out this afternoon to their new homes.  8) Two Aero Ag USB and one Aero Cu Coax.

This was about 6 days worth of work.  :o It would have taken longer generally, but the two Aero Ag USB I was able to build the data core like one giant cable then cut it.  8)

For Aero Coax I’m throwing in KLE Absolute connectors at no extra charge for the introduction. BNC gets an AECO BNC connector. Let me know if I can build one for you!  :rock: :guitar: :drums: :guitar:

Pez

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:16 pm »
This one turned out very nice! 1.5 meter Aero Cu USB.

I have another one I want to show you, but it’s a custom piece and I won’t share it until the client has had a chance to see and listen.  :icon_twisted:

artur9

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:18 am »
Such beautiful work!