Upcoming interconnect teaser..

mgalusha

Upcoming interconnect teaser..
« on: 29 Aug 2021, 04:55 pm »
Jason of Hapa and I have been friends for around 20 years but don't often have the chance to get together. Yesterday the planets aligned and we managed to hang out for the afternoon, catch up and listen to some music. He also brought of bag full of goodies, one of which was a prototype of his upcoming shoot-for-the-moon interconnect, he gave me the honor for being the first to see and hear this.

Due to my system layout, the only option was between the Holo May DAC and the preamp, a Bent TAP-X with silver autoformers. This was a singled ended interconnect, my system normally runs with balanced IC's, so we had the luxury of being able to leave both in and switch between them, of course having to adjust for the levels between singled ended and balanced. My balanced IC''s are some I made from solid silver NeoTech wire, which has been out of production for years, slightly modified from it's original form, but these have served well for many years.

Tonally, there was not much difference between the cables, but the new Hapa cables offered less congestion around the instruments and voices. We were listening to The Marriage Of Figaro and the singers were considerably more present if that makes sense. There was a noticeably greater sense of the space around the performers, the really low level reflections from the hall where it was recorded. Similar to what the Aero USB provided, more information, particularly the low level nuances the provide our brains with the cues about the environment.

I don't know if this is the final design, when they will be ready for the world, the final name or cost, but from what I heard, Jason has done some very good work on these. I have a sneaky suspicion my wallet will have to open at some point in the future.

WGH

Re: Upcoming interconnect teaser..
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2021, 07:20 pm »
Always interested in what Jason comes up with. I had a inkling the Aero design could expand into interconnects. Would be interesting to compare it to my Quiescence Gold/Silver.
Good thing I signed up for Hapa's Cable-of-the-Month plan.  :D

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2021, 08:18 pm »
Mike, it was great catching up with you too. Great job on your new living room setup. Really great looking and sounding stuff! I definitely have amp and DAC envy my friend.  :wink:

You all know I’m always cooking something up! Once RMAF is done and dusted expect to see a flurry of great new products. Until then, did you guys know I released a couple of new USB cables????  :green:

EDIT:
BTW the Mozart we listened to was:

Highly recommend this recording. Incredible dynamics and the performance is the best I've heard of Figaro.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2021, 11:22 pm by Pez »

Wig

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2021, 11:02 pm »
Definitely time to start prepping for the upcoming interconnects!

Wig 😁

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2021, 11:09 am »
Sounds like a great time for all! Too bad I wasn't there! But knowing me, I probably would be geeking out in Mike's lab  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2021, 03:33 pm »
Sounds like a great time for all! Too bad I wasn't there! But knowing me, I probably would be geeking out in Mike's lab  :thumb:

Heheh.  :lol:

newzooreview

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2021, 04:01 pm »
BTW the Mozart we listened to was:

Highly recommend this recording. Incredible dynamics and the performance is the best I've heard of Figaro.

It's also available as a hi-res download.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8035411--mozart-le-nozze-di-figaro-k492

Pez

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2021, 10:37 pm »
I’d say worth the purchase. That said Qobuz has the 24/192 grade file for streaming as well.