NOOB intro, VA local

NickMimi

NOOB intro, VA local
« on: 19 May 2019, 05:31 pm »
Hi all, I stumbled across this board a few months ago and it has become my preferred lurking ground while bringing myself up to some sort of knowledge base. I'm an old car stereo basshead from back in the 80's and 90's, I have many professional installations under my belt, ran my own shop and eventually moved on to a different long term career once my education was complete. I'm a born and bred New Yorker who grew up in Queens, attended HS and university in NYC and spent way too much time in Brooklyn and the island. Recently my love for music has been renewed and now that I can basically do whatever I want in my own home I seem to have developed a mild obsession for HT and HiFi sound. I don't feel my musical tastes fall in line with true audiophiles and my aging ears (along w/ the rest of my body) don't work as well as they used to anymore. A few recent heart attacks have also changed my attitude about life lately. I am working through my bucket list of desires much sooner in life than I ever expected. Having beat death 3 times has infused me with a zest to experience things my conservative old self would have scoffed at a few short years ago. I look forward to participating a bit more with my limited knowledge, and I hope my questions aren't frowned upon too badly when I can't find the information I'm looking for otherwise. Oh yeah, I'm a first generation Greek and always looking to see how other Greeks have assimilated and Americanized feel free to shout out, music is deep rooted in our culture not so much high end gear tho.- Nick

Blackmore

Re: NOOB intro, VA local
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2019, 11:25 pm »
Welcome to Audiocircle Nick

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2019, 11:52 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Nick   :thumb: 

Slam

« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2019, 01:31 am »
Howdy neighbor

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2019, 09:11 am »
Welcome Nick :thumb:
Any tube amp?

NickMimi

« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2019, 02:24 am »
Yes, I actually use something called the Glow II, a nice 15wpc. I am very pleased with it and very much enjoy the sound. I'm still a bit new to tube rolling and my ear doesn't always catch the subtle nuances and differences in sound. To top it off tubes I am finding can be very expensive to upgrade.
also, thank you all for the pleasant welcome.