Salks here to audition

rahimlee54

Salks here to audition
« on: 7 Mar 2009, 02:02 am »
I ordered a pair of Salk Sound HT2s earlier this week so if anyone wants to audition from the salk family feel free to drop me a PM.  I should have them by mid-end April.  I am just north of Ashboro if anyone wants to come by.

Rahimlee54

richidoo

Re: Salks here to audition
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2009, 01:16 am »
Congratulations man!!!! I have always been amazed at the Salk speakers when i have heard them at RMAF. You're gonna love them!

What's in the rest of your system?

Ashboro isn't so far from Raleigh... 

rahimlee54

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2009, 08:45 pm »
The rest of my system is a mixture of things I don't want to mention because they are bad, this is my first real speaker purchase.  At the moment I have a Pioneer Elite 91 TXH to power them with and I am looking for amps, I may just give Emotiva a go since they are really cheap and have a 30 day return period.  I kinda spent more on the two speakers than I had planned to spend on the whole 5.1.  The wife didn't mind so I figured "why not" and placed an order.  If you are interested in coming by send me a PM speaker should be here sometime next month, around mid April I suspect, Jim hasn't let me know a firm date as they are made to order.  I am about an 1.5 hours from Raleigh south or north side, it will be well worth the trip I am sure ;).

The HT2s I ordered are a new version that will be announced soon, Jim claims they go down to 29 Hz, which should be pretty amazing.

Jared

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2009, 01:11 pm »
Sounds great Jared, you will love them! I've heard them a couple times. Those Elites are a nice receiver. It will serve you well until you're used to them and get em broken in, etc. Try Master Set speaker placement in the meantime.

rahimlee54

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2009, 02:23 pm »
I'll check that out.  If you ever feel the need to have a listen just drop me a line.

Jared

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2009, 04:21 pm »
Wow congratulations - I was in your position several years ago - I ordered a pair of speakers that have some real bass (Marble 9.0s), and had to get the rest of the system to fill in he gaps. With no wife I was able to commit a little more disposable income to the rest of the system almost immediately.

I am not sure what Emotiva has to offer, but I would also consider the MB-100 monoblock amps by IRD. They can be had for about $200 apiece now if you get the ones that had the voltage changed from 220 to 110. Curt says they are new, just had to have some minor surgery since they were shipped over from Thailand.

Here is a link to their specs...

http://www.irdaudio.com/products/mb100.htm

I will have to research the Emotiva and the HT2's and I want to come to some events this year and hear some gear other than my own  8)

rahimlee54

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2009, 04:37 pm »
Those look cool, Ill check into those.

I had planned to go some lower priced Song Towers but the wife said I could get whatever I wanted so I was like 29 Hz go.  I'll keep you guys posted but the user opinions are good based on the one guy that actually has them.

Jared

rahimlee54

« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2009, 12:57 am »
I finally took delivery today, so if anyone wants to hear the HT2-TLs let me know, I am around Greensboro in Asheboro.

Jared

richidoo

« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2009, 02:52 am »
Congrats Jared!!! You are in high cotton now!

rahimlee54

« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2009, 02:46 pm »
Congrats Jared!!! You are in high cotton now!

No doubt, it was a long wait for sure but well worth the time invested.  Now to find a nice amp to complement these fine speakers.  There are pics and initial impressions in the salk circle.  After a little more break in I will do a better review.

robcentola

« Reply #10 on: 5 Nov 2013, 10:00 pm »
Boone NC here and waiting for my SongTowers.

Did you ever get an amp? How are your Salks?

I realize it's been a while, but hey, family is family.