ncaudio/Roger -- I'm trying to reach you...

awm

« on: 6 May 2005, 02:42 am »
Hi -- forgive the post here, but I PM'ed you with a question.  When I check my PM box, the message is in the "OUtbox," but not the Sent Mail folder.  I'm not sure if it's been sent.  I'd greatly appreciate it if you could check and let me know.  

Basically the question is about how you amplify your Orions.

Thanks very much,
Andy McIntyre

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: ncaudio/Roger -- I'm trying to reach you...
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2005, 04:02 am »
Quote from: awm
Hi -- forgive the post here, but I PM'ed you with a question.  When I check my PM box, the message is in the "OUtbox," but not the Sent Mail folder.  I'm not sure if it's been sent.  I'd greatly appreciate it if you could check and let me know.  

Basically the question is about how you amplify your Orions.

Thanks very much,
Andy McIntyre

Actually Roger doesn't have the Orions but he has a friend in the area who has a set.

Rick

awm

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2005, 05:49 pm »
Thanks, Rick -- does the friend who has them power them with Panny 45's?  My friend Al told me someone out there -- he thought it was Roger -- was powering their Orions with three Panny's.  I wanted to talk to him, as I own one and am contemplating the Orions.  

TIA,
Andy

Bingenito

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2005, 06:12 pm »
Roger powers his arrays with 3 Pannys and a DEQX

awm

« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2005, 10:36 pm »
Got it.  Thanks, Bingetinto.  How does he have the Panny/DEQX combo configured, as in what goes to what, etc.?  (Basic wiring/hook-up question...)  

Thanks,
Andy

ncaudio

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2005, 01:56 pm »
Andy,

As Bryan noted, I have line arrays triamplied by 3 Panny's (using digital in on the 3 amps) the system uses a DEQX for crossover and speaker/ room correction.  A audio guy in Cary had a set of Orions, and now more like Phoenix'es that he uses a modified Linkwitz analog crossover with. There is a also a guy on the DEQX group that has a pair of Orions that he uses the DEQX with in place of the linkwitz crossover, but you have to be a DEQX owner to get on that group and he doesn't live in the Raleigh area.

If you're going to use the analog line level Linkwitz crossover then there is no big advantage to using the pannies except for remote volume control and low cost, since you'd be using line level inputs, and there might be some better options.  Where the pannies work best is is when fed directly with digital in.

If you're in/close to the Raleigh area and want to listen to my system and discuss options for what you want to do just PM me, it might take a while for me to respond though.

Roger