D-200 Class D Monoblocks (Preliminary Info)

CIAudio

« on: 22 Apr 2005, 06:05 pm »
We have started production on the D-200 circuit boards and have ordered the chassis and associated parts. We hope to be shipping in about 4 weeks. The waiting list is growing fast, so  get your name on the list if you want a pair from the first production run  :D
D-200's will be available in 26db or 32db gain, and single ended RCA or balanced XLR input at no extra charge.
$2300 a pair, includes shipping in the continental US.

Below are power output vs distortion measurements from the first sample.

CIAudio

« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2005, 06:16 pm »
Performance is very similar between the two other than power output /current. Main differences are higher voltage supply and parts throughout, a second set of independant transformer windings/bridge etc. for the regulated input stage.

arthurs

Need BETA testers Dusty?
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2005, 11:11 pm »
I'd be willing to BETA test 4 of these bi-amping my N802's.... :D

NealH

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2005, 01:45 am »
Can you post the plot of the distortion spectrum at 8-ohms and 4-ohms?

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2005, 02:26 am »
At the moment, I can't run or print spectrum plots (I use someone elses equipment to do this). As far as distortion vs frequency, it is basically a straight line throughout the audio band...not higher distortion at high frequency (like most).

guest1632

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2005, 10:15 pm »
Quote from: CIAudio
Performance is very similar between the two other than power output /current. Main differences are higher voltage supply and parts throughout, a second set of independant transformer windings/bridge etc. for the regulated input stage.

Hi, The DM1's don't have that 2nd independent transformer winding? Can that be ordered that way?

Ray

CIAudio

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jun 2005, 10:50 pm »
Hi, The DM1's don't have that 2nd independent transformer winding? Can that be ordered that way?

The D-100's do not require the dual windings because input and output stages can run off of the same voltage. It is required on D-200 because the output stage requires higher voltage.

I could build you a custom pair of D-100's this way, but it  would cost as much as a pair of 200's and sonic benefit would be very little (if any).

-Dusty-