Cherry Amps with Salk Speakers

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Cherry Amps with Salk Speakers
« on: 12 Nov 2019, 05:24 am »
Anyone using Cherry Amps with Salk speakers?

Would love to hear from you, if so!  Which amps?  Which speakers?  Thanks (:

RonN5

Re: Cherry Amps with Salk Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2019, 05:57 pm »
Some Marriages Are Just Meant To Be

I own the  2Cherry and the Salk Veracity ST       http://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=Veracity+ST

Beautiful Salk woodworking combining a RAAL 70/20XR tweeter and dual Seas W16 midwoofers, wired with a Dennis Murphy crossover and connected to a Paul Kittinger 1/4 wavelength transmission line

The Salks sounded really good played through Luxman and Halo amplifiers…but the 2Cherry has taken them to a whole new level.

With the 2Cherry:

Planar/Electrostatic clarity with dynamic loudspeaker impact…detailed, lifelike sound... musical, dimensional, captivating, hauntingly good.... just as good at 75 dB as at 85 dB....

The 2Cherry has added a level of clarity, tone and dynamics that brings the sound/music to a new level of realism….and not just with audiophile CDs but with music that most of us actually enjoy listening to.

Together, the 2Cherry and the Salk Veracity are just plain enjoyable to listen to with any kind of music.

I run the Salks full range....but because the room is 12,000 cubic feet, I augment the bottom end below 50hz with a Power Sound Audio Sealed 15" sub...but in reality, its borderline unnecessary as the 2CHerry improved the bottom end detail and slam.

lewdogg

Re: Cherry Amps with Salk Speakers
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2019, 12:33 am »
Awesme, RonN5! I'm running a 5-cherry with Salk Song3s. Combo is fantastic!