qobuz

docder

Re: qobuz
« Reply #40 on: 9 Apr 2019, 07:56 pm »
I had no problem loading the beta version on Sunday morning in Europe to a BDP-1.
With Qobuz I had a few initial stutters as high resolution files settled into play and then the occasional pause between songs. I listened for hours with the ∞ add a song selected, and files kept playing without fault.

As Gary writes in the mail out, the BDP-1 is nine years old and has a processor to match, so for it to  be able to cope with streaming high res files from Qobuz is amazing -  thank you Bryston.

I see the official release restricts higher resolution files on the BDP-1 but mine did play in 24/96 without much fault. Chris suggested this may have been because I had recently set a new fresh scratch disc which had plenty of space available. So setting a new scratch disc might be worth a try for BDP-1 owners who want high res files from Qobuz and if you still have the beta version running rather than the official firmware from Monday.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #41 on: 10 Apr 2019, 04:16 pm »
I had no problem loading the beta version on Sunday morning in Europe to a BDP-1.
With Qobuz I had a few initial stutters as high resolution files settled into play and then the occasional pause between songs. I listened for hours with the ∞ add a song selected, and files kept playing without fault.

As Gary writes in the mail out, the BDP-1 is nine years old and has a processor to match, so for it to  be able to cope with streaming high res files from Qobuz is amazing -  thank you Bryston.

I see the official release restricts higher resolution files on the BDP-1 but mine did play in 24/96 without much fault. Chris suggested this may have been because I had recently set a new fresh scratch disc which had plenty of space available. So setting a new scratch disc might be worth a try for BDP-1 owners who want high res files from Qobuz and if you still have the beta version running rather than the official firmware from Monday.

Im going to revisit this when I get back from Axpona and maybe put some sort of disclaimer come up for bdp-1's and possible check if a scratch disk with a swap file exists.

Chris

docder

« Reply #42 on: 12 Apr 2019, 04:06 pm »
Hi Chris - a feature request -

I am all for the Qobuz integration into the Bryston MDP. The Qobuz logo looks neat in the Add Files list and access is clean and swift with my new BDP-3, so a really happy user.

Perhaps one thing I am missing, though, is when in the sub-folders under Recommendations, such as New Releases, Press Awards, etc, is to then be able to have a further option to select a particular genre, Classical, Jazz, World, etc., and so refine the browse experience.  Would it be possible to add this function at some point?  At the moment I am browsing/searching genre with the stand alone Qobuz app and adding to my Favourites there and then returning to Bryston MPD to refresh my Qobuz Favourites, and then play.

docder

« Reply #43 on: 15 Apr 2019, 05:00 pm »
Hi Chris,

I am delving into Qobuz in MPD and my Qobuz Favourites are playing back without fault on BDP-3. I am beginning to look at Playlists in Qobuz and seeing if I can understand how it works.

If I save a MPD playlist of tracks selected from Qobuz it can be saved in MDP and it saves to the Qobuz desktop app, and also appears within Qobuz playlists in other apps, e.g. Audirvana+. But when I select Playlists within Qobuz in MPD a red message appears  - Qobuz, no result matching given argument - and no playlists load, neither ones created in MDP or ones created earlier within Q and listed in Q Desktop app.
Hope that makes sense to you.
Are Qobuz playlists activated to appear in MPD yet as favourites do?