Do I Need Power Conditioning?

roscoeiii

Re: Do I Need Power Conditioning?
« Reply #120 on: 8 Mar 2012, 03:54 am »
And anyone shopping for power conditioning should be sure to confirm whether or not a conditioner provides surge protection or other protection for your equipment.

cheap-Jack

« Reply #121 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:54 pm »
Hi.
And anyone shopping for power conditioning should be sure to confirm whether or not a conditioner provides surge protection or other protection for your equipment.

Mmmm. Power surge is imperial for data equipment. For audio, IMO, not that critical.

FYI, the inline RFI filters installed for many years now on the dedicted powerlines for my audio rig have never got any surge protector at all. IMO, surge limiting is not done properly, can ruin the sound.

c-J

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #122 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:24 pm »
...IMO, surge limiting isf not done properly, can ruin the sound.

agreed - if anything is not done properly, regarding audio, it can ruin the sound.  i had a tripplite 2400w surge protector; it made my gear sound weiled and compressed.  doesn't mean it is difficult/expensive to do it properly, tho... 

doug s.

roscoeiii

« Reply #123 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:32 pm »
No argument about poor implementation being able to ruin the sound. But knowing the quality of my power, I want the assurance that my equipment is protected. I eventually went with the Running Springs Haley because it offered protection while not limiting dynamics even for the amps I have plugged into it. That was the real selling point of it for me.