Non-DIY'er needs advice on expanding to HT

dhwilkin

Non-DIY'er needs advice on expanding to HT
« on: 1 Sep 2008, 06:35 pm »
Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem. A few years or so back, I bought a used pair of RAW HT3 for dual-purpose 2-channel/HT listening. I liked them then, and I still do. Now I want to expand the HT part to include a center and surrounds. The problem is I see on RAW's website only kits are being offered now, and I currently don't have the skills, time, nor inclination to DIY several kits.

I suppose I could sell the HT3s and get a different brand all around, but don't want to spend the extra money and also like the HT3s. I'm not all that worried about different surrounds not being exactly timber-matched. But I am worried about the center channel not being timber-matched and otherwise up-to-par with the HT3s, and for the sake of guests I do want an actual center channel, not just a phantom center. Any advice?

RAW

Re: Non-DIY'er needs advice on expanding to HT
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2008, 01:17 am »
It was a tough choice and we did stop manufacturing finished speakers as of June 1,08.

To help you out we have several cabinet people who would be happy to build our kits and complete the speaker for you.This applies for any of our speaker kits you would like.

Give me a call and we can talk about choices you have as far as a center channel.If you have the space go to the Apex LCR center. If limited space and you can use a smaller center use the HT2iC.

Like I said give me a call and we can set you up with someone to build them out for you.

RAW

Re: Non-DIY'er needs advice on expanding to HT
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2008, 03:24 pm »

Nice choice