Anyone Using Fidelia?

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Re: Anyone Using Fidelia?
« Reply #40 on: 5 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm »
Well I finally have nailed down my "no music from Fidelia" to Fidelia itself for sure.

I downloaded two other music players, Audiivanna Plus and Clementine and both provide 192/24 playback through the Mindsp new USBstreamer board built into our Fet Valve DAC flawlessly.

The problem is a Fidelia issue.  I hope they fix it soon as I like the interface better than the others.

Anyway, the good thing is that we have confirmed that the new USBstreamer board works great and we will be able to now offer it as a transparent USB interface to our Vision EC DAC, Vision Hybrid DAC, and Fet Valve DAC.  When this option is selected, the Coax 2 input now becomes a USB input.

We don't have a final price set yet, but it should be no higher than $200.  Another nice thing about the USBstreamer board is that it comes with free downloadable software that allows high bit rate performance with a PC computer.  No extra software is needed with a current Mac computer.

Thanks you guys for your help with this issue.

Frank Van Alstine

dB Cooper

« Reply #41 on: 6 Sep 2012, 12:30 am »
One very nice aspect of Fidelia is the way that it supports AU plugins. You can access the plugin UI just by clicking on the main UI. I'm experimenting with Fabfilter Pro-Q in Fidelia at the moment. (I think plugin verification needs to be turned off though.)

Fidelia supports 64-bit plugins only; the 32-bit Canz3D headphone crossfeed plugin I use(d) no longer works. Haven't tried turning off plugin verification though- mainly because I didn't know that existed. Maybe this would solve my problem? How do I do this?

Crimson

« Reply #42 on: 6 Sep 2012, 02:36 am »
Frank,

As poster srb suggested, have you tried to reinstall the application? Reading through this thread, it seems you upgraded your OS at some point which can cause some issues with third-party apps.

rez

« Reply #43 on: 19 Oct 2012, 03:54 am »
Surprised this hasn't had more responses - I'm using the Fidelia player on an iMac running OS X 10.7.5 Lion outputting to an Audiophilleo1 USB -> SPDIF converter to an AVA Vision DAC/Preamplifier.  I'm running about 50ft of Blue Jeans cable coax between the Audiophilleo and the Dac/Preamp.  I like how Fidelia connects direct to the iTunes library and I noticed a distinct improvement in sound quality vs the wifi connection I had before.  Has anyone tried the Fidelia player with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?

jMelvin

« Reply #44 on: 19 Oct 2012, 10:38 am »
I'm using Fidelia on my Mac Mini with Mountain Lion without issue .. outputting to SOtM dX-USB-HD & SOtM mBPS-d2s battery supply > Bifrost DAC. I use Fidelia sans iTunes and love the SQ.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #45 on: 19 Oct 2012, 01:11 pm »
We pinned down the problem with Fidelia and Mindsp's new USBstreamer board.

The USBstreamer expects channels 9 and 10 to be used for stereo audio, the Fidelia software only allows channels 1 and 2 for this.

Other music player software we have tried allow channels 9 and 10 to be selected and are compatible.  Fidelia lacks this flexibility and thus can't be used as is with the USBstreamer.  This is a real shame as otherwise Fidelia is a fine player, and the USBstreamer is an excellent device with even free software downloads for full PC OS compatibility.

Too bad.

Frank Van Alstine