Anyone know anything about SheepSaver?

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Anyone know anything about SheepSaver?
« on: 14 Nov 2009, 09:11 pm »
I would go for a new Intel based Mac right now - - - except - - - I have tons of documents done in Pagemaker and Freehand and Hypercard.  These only run on OS9 and the new generation of Macs do not support OS9 at all.

However, I was told that SheepSaver will allow emulation of OS9 on a new Intel Mac.  Unfortunately the process for trying this is beyond my computer skills.

Has anyone here tired to use SheepSaver and how successful is it?  If so I could use help installing it.  I understand access to an older Mac ROM is required.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Doublej

Re: Anyone know anything about SheepSaver?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2009, 11:10 pm »
It looks like Adobe has a successor product to Pagemaker called Indesign CS4, Freehand is now Freehand MX and Hypercard stuff can be migrated to revMedia or SuperCard. Why not just use these software packages? It looks like for a under $300 hundred dollars you can upgrade your Adobe licenses.

Option 2: I think Adobe gives your a 30 day try before you buy so you could install these programs on an Intel based Macintosh and then export the files into more common file formats if these applications support file exports.

Option 3: Find other programs that can import your files into their software.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Re: Anyone know anything about SheepSaver?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2009, 07:00 am »
There are actually a number of half finished Classic emulators. I've not tried really hard, but haven't had success yet getting them to run... hopefully no classic since Leopard will inspire someone to make one of them whole... i need to be able to run OS 7.6.1 as well as 9.2.2

dave