Hello from Tacoma, Washington, USA

wulffblood

Hello from Tacoma, Washington, USA
« on: 17 May 2023, 01:38 am »
Hi all,

I enjoy music so much, both listening and creating it, the spiritual experience of it all. I have been a part-time live audio engineer for about 25 years, and dabbling in music production in my basement for just as long. I love music tech (musical instruments) and enjoy writing music with Ableton Live, as well as playing electric guitar—just as creative expression and outlet, no professional aspirations.

I enjoy finding albums that are well engineered / produced / mixed that really shine on a good hifi. Therefore, I'm on the eternal quest to find the right system for my room. I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to this community.

-Ben

Yog Sothoth

Re: Hello from Tacoma, Washington, USA
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2023, 02:20 am »
Excellent!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2023, 02:23 am »
Welcome to AC, Ben.

In a little over one month from now, Pacific Audio Fest will be held in SeaTac. https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/  Could be worth checking out.

I’ll be there all three days. [I can’t get enough!]

Michael

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2023, 04:07 am »
Welcome to the club, Ben. There's quite a few of us on here from PNW. I'm just a short drive south in Vancouver. Michael is right, Pacific Audio Fest would be a good crash course to find all sorts of items to drool over. If I wasnt tied down with family plans that weekend, I'd for sure be there.

What's your current system made of?

-Lloyd

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2023, 01:30 pm »
Welcome!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2023, 01:31 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

wulffblood

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2023, 04:01 pm »
Welcome to AC, Ben.

In a little over one month from now, Pacific Audio Fest will be held in SeaTac. https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/  Could be worth checking out.

I’ll be there all three days. [I can’t get enough!]

Michael

Ah, I've never heard of Pacific Audio Fest. Sounds amazing, and dangerous for the bank account. I'll pencil it in on the calendar, thank you!

wulffblood

« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2023, 04:13 pm »
Welcome to the club, Ben. There's quite a few of us on here from PNW. I'm just a short drive south in Vancouver. Michael is right, Pacific Audio Fest would be a good crash course to find all sorts of items to drool over. If I wasnt tied down with family plans that weekend, I'd for sure be there.

What's your current system made of?

-Lloyd

Glad to hear I am in good company in the PNW!

My current system is a pair of Blumenstein Orca's (3" single drivers) > powered by Bottlehead's 2 watts/channel SET amp > Rega P3 turntable, with a 8" subwoofer in there. I'm currently tempted by the Ojas 8" single driver speaker kits.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2023, 07:31 pm »
Hi Ben,

Just up the road on the Olympic Peninsula. Welcome! Saw my first show in Tacoma (probably 68 or 69), there is a large now a warehouse at 38th St and Tacoma Way. Iron Butterfly was there. I am like 12 or 13 and go to give my ticket and the guy says, "You have to be 18." Takes my ticket and then turns like he is distracted, so I can sneak in. So freaking cool! 

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2023, 07:37 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Ben   :thumb: