mono amp problem

Cyber One

mono amp problem
« on: 15 Feb 2023, 04:56 pm »
Hello I have a set of Kismet Khartago  monos. one has
2 bias pots  that are dead and so I'm am unable to set them up, looks like this one amp will need a repair.
They will not be covered under warranty so I'm looking at what options are available.

1) a suggestion(s) on a good repair place to take it on the west coast  Seattle area or any other good place to the north
     on the west coast.

2)  send it to Klaus  for repair, I am concerned about damage or loss by shipping it, secondly I have not
   had much luck the talk to him as he appears to be very busy and it appears it may be awhile to find out if they
    can be repaired there what the wait time would be, would prefer not to wait to many weeks to find out
   if it was a very long turn around time.

was also wondering about getting a pre amp too

any suggestions
    Thanks
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2023, 02:01 am by Cyber One »

Loki57

Re: mono amp problem
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2023, 05:28 pm »
Call Klaus later in the night. He usually works through the night. He's also eastern time zone.

Cyber One

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2023, 05:40 pm »
Hi yes I did talk to him a few weeks ago, he was on the road at the time (Monday) and asked me to call back on the on the coming
weekend, called that Saturday, only got voice mail, called a few days later got voice mail, texted a few days latter no reply
so I'm assuming he is very busy, this is why I was wondering about possibly taking to a closer shop if time is a problem
at the moment for Klaus.

I had an issue some time ago with my preamp which no fault of the repair person but left me with out a preamp for over
a year, so I'm just can't be down again for a very long time 

Thanks

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2023, 07:43 pm »
I'm here  !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Back from my trip...call me again   317.299.5578