Questions about Amadeus

PeterKK

Questions about Amadeus
« on: 19 Aug 2022, 01:34 am »
Hello everyone,

Great to be here first of all: exciting turntable philosophy and a lot of knowledge and expertise in this forum (I've tried to read as much as I could back).

I'm looking at getting an Amadeus MKI and I have a couple of questions:
1) I couldn't find the exact dimensions of the turntable: could someone share?
2) I'm looking at using the table with a common 110V to 220V transformer would that be an issue and could it impact audio quality? (I know the table uses a DC motor so I thought that this wouldn't be a problem).
3) I'm planning to use the Dynavector DV507 tonearm at some stage (I know that the Dynavector DV500 table has the same design as the Amadeus GT). How easy is it to exchange tonearms, is it just the case of using a different armboard?
4) Anything in-particular to look for when buying this table?

thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Peter

mick wolfe

Re: Questions about Amadeus
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2022, 05:32 pm »
1) Original Amadeus    16.25" x 19" plinth
2) Have no idea. Someone here at AC might though.
3) Not even remotely to be considered. The Amadeus is excellent integrated design with an already superb tonearm. IOW, the synergy you're looking for has already been taken care of. Swapping arms would be a fool's errand and near impossible anyway. Plus there's really no room on the base/plinth to mount a second arm without basically destroying the table.(something that might also occur in a fruitless arm swap attempt) To put it simply, this is definitely NOT a turntable that's been designed for arm swapping or a second arm. The only possibility "might" be to mount a second arm on an external arm pillar. If you're dead set on using a second arm, consider a second table.
4) Buy it new with dealer support or used from someone you know and trust.

jjss49

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2022, 03:16 pm »
agree, bill f designed the tonearm as an integral aspect of how the amadeus tt works... and the damped pivot, arm tube, wiring etc are all essential to the lovely sound of the whole table

PeterKK

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2022, 09:00 am »
Thanks a lot for your replies, clear and makes sense. Regarding using a 110v to 240v converter any thoughts? Would it jeopardize sonics? Thanks again!

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2022, 09:57 am »
Hi,

Just make sure you buy a good quality one.  I know a lot of Australian vinyl fans have imported turntables from Japan and the use of a step down transfer doesn't make an difference in sonics.

Good luck.

Cheers Rod

PeterKK

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2022, 01:47 pm »
Thanks a lot for the advice, will do! Just occurred to me that I can also replace the power supply!