Yahoo email won't load

Don_S

Yahoo email won't load
« on: 30 May 2022, 02:51 pm »
A few weeks ago Yahoo email stopped working on my two email accounts on my iPad3. All the remedies I see suggested uninstalling Yahoo email and reinstalling it. I tried that and now my Yahoo email accounts won't reload. I do not get any error messages. I have the correct passwords. I get notifications from Yahoo for security purposes stating that if it was me there are no problems. But I still don't have Yahoo email accounts on my iPad. Multiple attempts for both accounts failed. Gmail works fine.

Is there another solution or is my iPad IOS not compatible with changes in Yahoo? I really like the email functions on my iPad. Open one setting and see all of my accounts. After 10 years I really miss that function. I have a Zagfolio hard-shell case with keyboard on the iPad so the combination is sweet to use and expensive to replace.

Thanks for any help.

Doublej

Re: Yahoo email won't load
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2022, 03:24 pm »
What version of iOS is running on the iPad?

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2022, 03:27 pm »
What version of iOS is running on the iPad?

iOS 9.3.5 iPad says it is up to date. Translation "that's all folks".

walkern

« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2022, 03:31 pm »
I had the same problem with my Yahoo e-mail last week, and no matter what I did, no luck.  I waited a couple of days and tried again, and now it is back to working again.  I have no idea what the problem is or was.  I have two Yahoo e-mail accounts and could only access one of them from from my iMac and Mac mini.  Bizarre!?! I tried changing the password on the one that I could access, but that made no difference. Still couldn't access the other account.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2022, 03:32 pm »
A few weeks ago Yahoo email stopped working on my two email accounts on my iPad3. All the remedies I see suggested uninstalling Yahoo email and reinstalling it. I tried that and now my Yahoo email accounts won't reload. I do not get any error messages. I have the correct passwords. I get notifications from Yahoo for security purposes stating that if it was me there are no problems. But I still don't have Yahoo email accounts on my iPad. Multiple attempts for both accounts failed. Gmail works fine.

Is there another solution or is my iPad IOS not compatible with changes in Yahoo? I really like the email functions on my iPad. Open one setting and see all of my accounts. After 10 years I really miss that function. I have a Zagfolio hard-shell case with keyboard on the iPad so the combination is sweet to use and expensive to replace.

Thanks for any help.

How about accessing it via a browser rather than the native app?  Does that work?  It might help you diagnose where the problem lies.

Don_S

« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2022, 03:48 pm »
How about accessing it via a browser rather than the native app?  Does that work?  It might help you diagnose where the problem lies.

Thanks. I had not thought of that so I tried it. That accessed my email but no help in getting the app working.

I use Thunderbird on my computers so I am spoiled by having all accounts aggregated in one spot.

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2022, 03:50 pm »
Thanks. I had not thought of that so I tried it. That accessed my email but no help in getting the app working.

I use Thunderbird on my computers so I am spoiled by having all accounts aggregated in one spot.

Hmm...  I use Thunderbird also (under Linux though).  I've never encountered an issue quite like that.

How about removing the account identities in Thunderbird and then adding them from scratch?

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2022, 03:52 pm »

Or creating a differently named account that uses the same yahoo credentials?

Don_S

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2022, 03:55 pm »
Hmm...  I use Thunderbird also (under Linux though).  I've never encountered an issue quite like that.

How about removing the account identities in Thunderbird and then adding them from scratch?

I am not having a problem with Thunderbird.

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2022, 03:56 pm »

Another thought: removing and reinstalling the app probably doesn't remove everything.  You might try removing the app, then removing all the directories in your home directory that Thunderbird stores information in?  This should also remove the account identities, so you'd need to recreate them afterwards.

It is using IMAP, isn't it?  I'm assuming since if it was using POP you wouldn't see you message when using the browser

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2022, 03:57 pm »
I am not having a problem with Thunderbird.

Ah, I understand.  Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with the Yahoo app.  But the suggestions might hold for debugging.

jmc207

« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2022, 05:23 pm »

On my iPad Air 2 the latest iOS version is 15.5.

Doublej

« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2022, 06:41 pm »

Likely the problem lies with the fact that your iPad is too old to update to a supported version of iOS. I hypothesize that a new iPad running iOS 15.x will fix the issue for you.

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2022, 06:56 pm »
Likely the problem lies with the fact that your iPad is too old to update to a supported version of iOS. I hypothesize that a new iPad running iOS 15.x will fix the issue for you.

That seems like a reasonable conclusion at this point.