Lower power version of the D200

Rocket

« Reply #20 on: 2 Jan 2006, 04:21 am »
Hi Ray,

Why don't you just buy Dusty's CIA d100 it is relatively cheap at $1600.00us.  You guys don't know how lucky you are in the states i.e. relatively cheap and a great range of products to choose from.

If you are after diy you should ask this question to Kevin Haskins.

Regards

Rod

CIAudio

« Reply #21 on: 2 Jan 2006, 04:47 am »
I want to try and put this somewhat delicately, but say if I were to get one of the amps and supplies to build say the UCD400, what differences would I hear versus yours? I'd probably go with the one with the AD8620, which I've read is more open than the 2134 chip imput. I am going to presume yours is better. Yours better be better for a more than twice the price.
I'll chime in, Mr Bronk.
Put yourself in Dusty's position and imagine trying to answer the questions you just posed.
I'm biting my tongue.

Why don't you just buy Dusty's CIA d100 it is relatively cheap at $1600.00us. You guys don't know how lucky you are in the states i.e. relatively cheap and a great range of products to choose from.

If you are after diy you should ask this question to Kevin Haskins.

Ray,
Not trying to be rude, but these guys are right...you're questions are impossible to answer...
Build some DIY amps, buy a pair of ours, and compare them yourself.

guest1632

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jan 2006, 06:46 am »
Quote from: Russell Dawkins
I'll chime in, Mr Bronk.

Put yourself in Dusty's position and imagine trying to answer the questions you just posed.

I'm biting my tongue.

Well, Russell, Although perhaps expected, the question about the other amps out there, is a reasonably fair one. The D100 circuit is not the standard found on the UCD module. That's ok. No need to bite your tongue, that would hurt. Since I haven't listened to any of his amps, I was trying to get a feel as to how they sound versus the competition in that price point or better. It does appear that the reviews I have read, seem to think these are keepers, and I wouldn't go wrong in getting one.  I did read a quick review on the audiogon from him which answered my question about the original UCD stuff versus his. Was I trying to have him put down other amps? A solid No! I've heard he's to much of a gentoleman to do that. So I'll just leave the one question about comparing these to other amps of similar price or more.

Ray