first post here! (Speakers)

jcyr123

first post here! (Speakers)
« on: 29 Nov 2022, 09:38 pm »
I am currently searching for stand mount speakers. I would like to keep it under $4000 new or used. My room is 12x15x8. I listen to all types of music. I am particularly interested in the Fritz Carrera BE speakers, but am open to other possibilities and suggestions.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: first post here! (Speakers)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2022, 05:47 am »
I am currently searching for stand mount speakers. I would like to keep it under $4000 new or used. My room is 12x15x8. I listen to all types of music. I am particularly interested in the Fritz Carrera BE speakers, but am open to other possibilities and suggestions.
Wow this is a lot of money for a pocket speaker.
I would check only hi sensitivity speakers 8Ω 98dB or more if coaxial better still, what will allow you use a small inexpensive amp.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2022, 08:02 am by FullRangeMan »

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2022, 11:23 am »
I believe the new MoFi speaker designed by Andrew Jones is around that price range.  The reports are good and there's a certain fleeting joy of having the latest and greatest, at least until the next shiny object appears.

thorman

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2022, 11:57 am »
 I would strongly recommend the Reference 3 A ( BE ) De-Capo...around $ 4K . Easy load and works extremely well with Tubes..

I am currently using A Leben Intg. with wonderful results..

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2022, 02:04 pm »
Welcome!

Fritz, and his speakers, are good.  Like any loudspeaker they thrive with beefy power supplies.  And like most loudspeakers the bigger, the deeper they go with more authority. 

charmerci

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2022, 07:31 pm »
Wow this is a lot of money for a pocket speaker.

Dude, don't you know the average speaker here on AC ain't cheap. Look at the systems, people here will spend $4K on amps alone.

jcyr123

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2022, 08:27 pm »
I will check out the Reference 3 A ( BE ) De-Capo. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will be using a class D amp with plenty of power, along with a tube pre-amp. The monitors will not have to go too low in the bass. I also have 2 rythmik f-12 subs.