BePure 2's in curly maple with rose-red dye - SOLD

GregC

Re: BePure 2's in curly maple with rose-red dye - SOLD
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jul 2023, 04:33 am »
Hey Rod,

Looks like they were made to order for the room.

Congrats,
Greg

Rocket

« Reply #21 on: 19 Jul 2023, 10:11 am »
Hi Guys,

Way back in the day probably about 2008 I clearly remember Zybar (current member of Audiocircle) telling me how great Salk Sounds speakers were and at the time he had HT3'S. It was a risk at the time buying unheard and importing them direct to Australia but I had confidence as everything I heard was so positive about the quality of Salk Sound speakers.

I was so impressed with their sound quality I had my HT2's for years until one of the cats jumped on them and tipped them over causing damage to the cabinets. Well I couldn't live with that and Jim did a deal for me and I bought a pair of HT3's with the aurum cantis ribbon tweeter instead of the raal.

Anyway, these are my last pair of speakers and hopefully they will outlast me :).

Cheers Rod

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #22 on: 19 Jul 2023, 07:10 pm »
Hi Guys,

Way back in the day probably about 2008 I clearly remember Zybar (current member of Audiocircle) telling me how great Salk Sounds speakers were and at the time he had HT3'S. It was a risk at the time buying unheard and importing them direct to Australia but I had confidence as everything I heard was so positive about the quality of Salk Sound speakers.

I was so impressed with their sound quality I had my HT2's for years until one of the cats jumped on them and tipped them over causing damage to the cabinets. Well I couldn't live with that and Jim did a deal for me and I bought a pair of HT3's with the aurum cantis ribbon tweeter instead of the raal.

Anyway, these are my last pair of speakers and hopefully they will outlast me :).

Cheers Rod

Rod,

Happy to have helped out.

A pic of my HT3 system way back when...

George

Rocket

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2023, 11:43 am »
Hi Guys,

So I'm trying to sell my Salk Sound Song 3's which is a bit tricky in Australia because the brand isn't well known here.  I don't really want to sell them but I just do not want to move the Bepure 2's around as every time you move them there is a chance I'll damage my speakers.

Anyway, the speakers are back in my system and they definitely get spanked by a handy margin by the Bepure 2's. I knew they were special sounding...

Cheers Rod

DFpritchard

« Reply #24 on: 27 Jul 2023, 07:12 pm »
Rod:  I replaced my Song3s with BePure2s about a year ago.  Good as the Song3s are, there is no comparison with the BePure2s.  As Jim has stated, the Purifi drivers set a new standard for accurate and effortless sound reproduction.  Combine that with the beryllium tweeter (which my ears prefer over the Real ribbon in the Song3s), add in Dennis Murphy's genius crossovers, wrap all the bits and pieces up in the Salk team's typical stunning craftsmanship (I bought Jim's demo pair in Harborica) and you get a work of art you can listen to.

As for selling the Song3s in Australia, have you considered consignment?  When I moved to VIC some years back, I brought along a Levinson amp.  A year later, I worked with a local shop in Melbourne to sell it on.  Easier to deal with than selling myself.  Could be worth considering.

Enjoy the BePure2s!

Rocket

« Reply #25 on: 28 Jul 2023, 10:36 am »
Hi Guys,

The Song 3's have been sold. I'm going to miss them... but I only need one pair of speakers in my room :).

Cheers Rod
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2023, 02:44 pm by Rocket »