Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal - prehistoric buddy series is beautiful and brutal

WGH

Prehistoric Planet with David Attenborough this is not. Primal includes all the gritty parts of surviving in a dangerous era. A caveman and not very friendly carnivorous dinosaur bond after a tragedy affects both of their lives. Each episode is a 22 minute cartoon but they are not anything to plop a 2 year old in front of, the consequences would be way too distressing.

Primal has it's sad and tender moments

Along with fast paced action where the characters are covered in blood.

Animals die as they do in the wild, brutally

The animation is beautiful. I forget I'm watching a cartoon and care for the characters. Their adventures are heart stopping, sometimes funny and always inspired.

Primal is unlike anything your have seen. No dialog but a lot of roars.

2 Seasons

100% on RT
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/genndy_tartakovskys_primal/s01

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yog Sothoth

Awesome, I will check it out.  I love everything he's done!

Bendingwave

• Restricted
One of the best animations of all time. A lot of gore not suitable for young children. One of my favorite episodes is the virus/zombie episode.

Bemopti123

I watched the first episode in HBO max.  It is intense and without dialogue, still perfectly understood.  It harkens back to a time when directors/animators were more focused in the story telling rather than be prisoner to cliché ladden dialogue.  Thanks for the suggestion!

RDavidson

Genndy Tartakovsky is a genius story teller and his art/animation style is unique and beautiful. Primal is his first no-holds-barred series not intended for young children. I am a fan of Power Puff Girls, Samurai Jack, and especially love Dexter’s Laboratory. Primal takes everything up a huge notch from his previous creations and does so with ZERO dialog. It’s really a breath of fresh air compared to most other TV programs these days. It’s so different. I think my favorite episode might be Rage of the Ape Men. This thread makes me want to rewatch the series.

Yog Sothoth

All of this sounds extremely intriguing!