LAMPIZATOR AMBER 4

JoseLuis72

LAMPIZATOR AMBER 4
« on: 15 Jul 2022, 07:54 am »
Good Morning.
I recently purchased a Lampizator Amber 4, and wanted to ask if anyone has had a chance to try the original cables that Lampizator makes. I would be interested in having information about your USB and power cables.
Thank you!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: LAMPIZATOR AMBER 4
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2022, 07:58 am »
Good Morning.
I recently purchased a Lampizator Amber 4, and wanted to ask if anyone has had a chance to try the original cables that Lampizator makes. I would be interested in having information about your USB and power cables.
Thank you!
Welcome again, I will move this topic to the Lampizator Circle for your convenience.

Berto

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2022, 06:44 pm »
Good Morning.
Thank you!

Hi Jose,

We show Lampizator DACs (in North America) with the Final Touch Audio USBs. The Callisto & the Sinope. Both are excellent. I just shipped one last week to a Baltic 3 customer. He got it and emailed me back these comments.

Rob,

I try my best to be as objective as I can when listening to something new in my system without getting caught up in the emotion or excitement of the possibilities .... a cable, a component, a tweak of any kind .... and I listen intently ..... but tonight I can only shake my head in utter disbelief, really. I'm compelled to tell you both that the Callisto is the single most effective IC or cable in bringing SQ improvements, I've ever heard and that includes AudioQuest's Thunder IC that went into my SLP-05 line stage offering meaningful advances.

After installing today, I played a number of reference tracks that I've heard literally hundreds of times (if not more) over the many years and I'm telling you, I heard sounds in many (not all but many), that I just DID NOT KNOW even existed .... and the sounds I was aware of but that were faint, were more pronounced and had more of a presence.

In short; Detail is outstanding. The size of stage has increased near dramatically and the entire front wall is filled with musical bliss. And base lines are just tighter. "Wet blanket" indeed~! (Alexey's remark about its performance). This USB is just amazing ..... I'm spell bound.

JoseLuis72

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2022, 09:11 pm »
Gracias por los comentarios.
Actualmente utilizo un USB Wywires Silver.
En cuanto a cables de red acabo de comprar a un aficionado de Dinamarca un par de cables originales Lampizator para mí Dac Amber 4 y para mi streamer Innuos. Dada la poca información que hay acerca de estos cables me aventure a enviar un correo electrónico al Sr Fikusz, y este me contestó diciéndome que estos eran los mejores cables que habían fabricado nunca. Así que no me lo pensé y los compré. Me llegarán en unos días. Cuando los haya probado compartiré mis impresiones
Un saludo a todos

Shredder

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2022, 07:37 pm »
I got a Callisto for my Atlantic TRP and it was unexpectedly great. Enhanced detail, but more importantly, an added richness to the sound. Took my system from just a hair dry to just the right amount of liquid. Not sure why a usb cable would make such a big difference, but it did.

Infidel

« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2023, 01:36 am »
Good Morning.
Thank you!

JoseLuis72, that DAC has the identical digital section as the far more expensive DACs they sell. That suggests that the analog section is the weak point in that DAC. I have an Amber 3, I bypassed the coupling caps with ODAM, and CuTF V-Caps. The change was not subtle. If you can find a stereo shop, or other electronics repair facility, provide the. .01mf caps they should be able to turn your DAC into a much improved monster. It can't match the direct heated tubes in the far more expensive models, but it may make a later upgrade less likely. You can take it up a little further, IMO, by getting a 12AT7 to 6SN7 adapter, but to use a 6SN7 safety you need to put a hold in the cover for it. You can find some pretty nice 12AT7s though. The 3 has 12AU7s, so I opted for the adapter. The 4 is a great DAC, but a few hundred dollars can make it awesome. Just the ODAM V-Caps will be nice, but the CuTF V-Caps will really enhance the highs and spatial information.