How many of you use power conditioners?

mirage74

Re: How many of you use power conditioners?
« Reply #40 on: 18 Nov 2022, 08:22 pm »
Use a PS Audio.  Slight improvement on a good day

qdrone

« Reply #41 on: 18 Nov 2022, 08:51 pm »
I use the one that started it all The Tice Power Block / Titan combo. Adding the Titan took The Power Block to a whole new level.

Mr. Big

« Reply #42 on: 19 Nov 2022, 04:15 pm »
My ENTIRE  system is powered through a PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Even the power cords to the X3 subs. No complaints or regrets.

Dead on right! Nothing does what a PS Audio Regenerator can do, and I one thing folks do not mention is how important it is for stable voltage, try this with your unit, change the outgoing voltage for the 120V to say 122 then 123, then down to 119 in each case you will hear the sound change from warmer to bright at the lower setting, this is why our systems sound different throughout the day, my voltage can to 119V to 124 volts coming into the P-12, so I mimicked them one day for the fun of it, and I went WOW! did not except such degradation of sound, 2nd noise lowering, I vacuum my carpeting in my 2nd level where the audio system is, I turned on the display on the meters showing line noise improvement percentage, and it was usually on 10X I turned the vacuum on, and the meter improvement was off the charts, meters pegged almost 100X improvement and the voltage coming in dropped also when the vacuum was on, but the AC output was a rock solid 120V and the sonics on the stereo did not change, the PS Audio regenerators do what they claim to do and do much, much more than clean up the AC line of some noise. 
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2022, 09:16 pm by Mr. Big »

Tangram

« Reply #43 on: 21 Nov 2022, 08:15 pm »
With all the accolades for power conditioners, I'm going to need to borrow one and give it a try. I do feel that my system sounds better since I installed dedicated 20 amp lines several years ago, but that was a $300 fix when I was getting my listening room ceiling insulated and re-drywalled. Spending 10X that and up on a power conditioner can only be rationalized if the difference is like night and day.