BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

mcochris

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1660 on: 10 Mar 2024, 10:45 pm »
Thanks inglisd! I was able to SSH into my BDP-3 and poke around.

The directory where the music on my internally-mounted SSD is /media/Music. Fortunately, this directory is readable and writable by all, so we are good to move/add/copy files in and out.

If you insert a flash drive on one of the external ports it will show up as "/media/Samsung-USB" or something similar based on the flash drive manufacturer. I ran a USB3 extension cable from one of the rear USB3 ports to get easy access to USB3. The two ports on the front of the BDP-3 are only USB2 and too slow to transfer files.

If a user has some experience with the linux command line, moving files on/off the flash drive to the internal SSD is easy.

I backed up all the files on the internal SSD to another drive via rsync in case the internal drive goes bad or the BDP-3 stops working. I'll post more on that later.

Remember to unmount the flash drive via the MM system interface. We can't mount/unmount anything without root account access, and we don't know that (yet).

gil99

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1661 on: 10 Apr 2024, 02:33 am »
Hi all,
Will replace my Bdp-1 with a Bdp-3, is there a way to copy my playlist from the 1 to the Bdp-3. Thanks
Gilles