Custom Song3 BeAT speakers in exotic eucalyptus burl - SOLD

jsalk

This is a pair of Song3 BeAT's. It was done in a custom eucalyptus burl.

A customer originally ordered this finish and changed his order to an automotive paint after we already veneered these cabinets.

This pair is available for immediate delivery. The price reflects the cost of the speakers plus the cost of the exotic eucalyptus burl veneer.

Here is a picture...

And a close-up...

The price of these speakers is $5695, plus shipping.  They are available for immediate delivery.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 7 May 2021, 07:03 pm by jsalk »

Big Red Machine

Re: Custom Song3 BeAT speakers in exotic eucalyptus burl
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2021, 05:10 pm »
Nice. Elegant looking.

Hope you guys are well. Just got out of the hospital with the beer virus. It kicked my ass. Big man down :roll:

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2021, 05:28 pm »
Beautiful!  Someone is gonna be very happy and get custom speakers in record time! 

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2021, 05:57 pm »
Nice. Elegant looking.

Hope you guys are well. Just got out of the hospital with the beer virus. It kicked my ass. Big man down :roll:

Wow!  Glad you are recovering.  My dad died from it and Mary had it as well.  I had to quarantine for 10 days after Mary tested positive.  I tested negative.  Mary is currently doing well with slightly diminished taste and smell, but not bad.

Hope you recover completely in short order. The audio world needs you!

- Jim

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2021, 06:17 pm »
Wow!  Glad you are recovering.  My dad died from it and Mary had it as well.  I had to quarantine for 10 days after Mary tested positive.  I tested negative.  Mary is currently doing well with slightly diminished taste and smell, but not bad.

Hope you recover completely in short order. The audio world needs you!

- Jim

Your dad was a sweetheart. So sorry to hear.

Give Mary a hug.

I was running 47 litres of O2 in the hospital. Down to 2 litres now and stretching my lungs daily.

tonyptony

« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2021, 11:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about your dad, Jim. Hope Mary gets to top notch form with no lingering effects. You too Big Red!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2021, 05:45 am »
This is a pair of Song3 BeAT's. It was done in a custom eucalyptus burl.

A customer originally ordered this finish and changed his order to an automotive paint after we already veneered these cabinets.

This pair is available for immediate delivery. The price reflects the cost of the speakers plus the cost of the exotic eucalyptus burl veneer.

Here is a picture...

And a close-up...

The price of these speakers is $5695, plus shipping.  They are available for immediate delivery.

- Jim

:drool:

carusoracer

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2021, 03:00 am »
Beautiful speakers. Would luv to hear the new Salk sound line up 😃

Glad you are ok and Mary is recovering.  My condolences about your father. These are tough times.

Big Red: hang in there, you’ll make it through.

Cheers, Mark

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2021, 06:27 am »
Mark, miss you. God bless. I hope everything is well with you and yours. It's ben a helluva long time since we shook hands!

twitch54

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2021, 03:02 pm »
Beautiful speakers for sure !

Sorry for the loss of your Dad   :( and to those recovering, keep the faith  :thumb:

carusoracer

« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2021, 07:18 pm »
Mark, miss you. God bless. I hope everything is well with you and yours. It's ben a helluva long time since we shook hands!

Yes it has! Hopefully can change that this summer with COVID relief!  Take care :thumb:

Rocket

« Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2021, 11:50 am »
Hey Jim,

Sorry to hear about your father passing away.  I hope your wife gets better soon.  Btw lovely speakers as always.

Cheers Rod

Kinger

« Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2021, 02:02 pm »
Condolences on your dad Jim.

Glad to hear you are on the mend BRM!

Those are some beautiful speakers as per the usual from the Salk crew.

jsalk

« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2021, 03:12 pm »
Thanks all.  Mary had a very mild case.  It was basically over in a few days.  In fact, when I asked her to get tested, shoe thought I was crazy, that it was just a sinus infections.  Twenty minutes after her test, the Dr. called to say she had it.  She's fine now.

- Jim

TomS

« Reply #14 on: 16 Feb 2021, 03:22 pm »
Thanks all.  Mary had a very mild case.  It was basically over in a few days.  In fact, when I asked her to get tested, shoe thought I was crazy, that it was just a sinus infections.  Twenty minutes after her test, the Dr. called to say she had it.  She's fine now.

- Jim
So sorry for your loss Jim. It's great to hear Mary pulled through ok and you've also been able to avoid it. Tom

kingcrowing

« Reply #15 on: 31 Mar 2021, 04:15 pm »
Is there a slim (8-9" tall) center channel that would ideally match with these BeAT towers? Could one be built with the same mids/tweeters?

jsalk

« Reply #16 on: 1 Apr 2021, 04:18 pm »
Is there a slim (8-9" tall) center channel that would ideally match with these BeAT towers? Could one be built with the same mids/tweeters?

Normally you would stack the midrange and tweeter.  This would eliminate the possibility of an 8 - 9" tall center channel.  I would look at the SongCenter RT or, better yet, the Supercharged SongCenter which would be more detailed in the midrange (where all the dialogue is).  Since most all of our speakers are voiced the same, these should work well with the BeAT's even though the drivers are not identical.  I swap out mains and centers in my home theater all the time and have never had any issues with timbre-matching.  the important thing is to have high levels of intelligibility where dialogue is concerned.

- Jim

kingcrowing

« Reply #17 on: 1 Apr 2021, 06:27 pm »
Jim,

That's great to know that the Supercharged SongCenter will match with these - I sent you an email asking about finish options for a matching center - that said I may be leaning a little more towards a pair of BeATs with the Supercharged Center now regardless of if this available pair will work!