SongTower II - SOLD

jsalk

SongTower II - SOLD
« on: 9 Dec 2020, 06:43 pm »
This is a new pair of our new SongTower II design. It was done in a custom ribbon-striped mahogany and is the first pair of this design we built. Normally this veneer would be extra, but we are including it here at no charge.

We're in the process of building new pairs now and this pair is available for immediate delivery.

For detail on this design, please refer to the SongTower II web page.

Here is a picture...

And another...

These custom SongTower II's are the pair shown on the web page for this design.  Normally custom veneer is extra, but in this case we are throwing in for the base price of $2695. Grills, plinths and spikes are included.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2021, 02:50 pm by jsalk »

billmcc

Re: SongTower II
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2021, 01:30 pm »
Hi Jim,

The SongTower II looks very interesting. The one question I have is it possible to get the ceramic woofers in black? I find that the white woofers stand out too much if one was to not use the grilles. Just a thought :).

Take care, Bill

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2021, 01:39 pm »
I will take the mahogany pair if that is OK, Jim.

Frank

FireGuy

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2021, 01:42 pm »
The one question I have is it possible to get the ceramic woofers in black? I find that the white woofers stand out too much if one was to not use the grilles. Just a thought :).

I find the white drivers (own Axiom) do not project but enhance.  Especially if the cabinet work is immaculate.   For me these design characteristics bond aesthetically.

billmcc

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2021, 03:08 pm »
I find the white drivers (own Axiom) do not project but enhance.  Especially if the cabinet work is immaculate.   For me these design characteristics bond aesthetically.
It's all a matter of taste I guess. In all honesty my HT2-TLs have the silver woofers which do stand out a bit. I did run them without grilles for quite sometime and that never bothered me. Now the grilles are on. The white just seems so bright. But again some such as yourself will find it aesthetically pleasing. The bottom line is of course the sound which I'm sure is amazing!

HT cOz

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jan 2021, 03:14 pm »
The one question I have is it possible to get the ceramic woofers in black? I find that the white woofers stand out too much if one was to not use the grilles. Just a thought :).

SB Acoustics CAC and NAC line are virtually identical.  NAC comes in natural and black, so it is likely that a modification could be made.  The white color depends on the overall aesthetic of the speaker.  In my build, I think white works. 

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2021, 04:33 pm »
As far as I know, there is no black cone alternative at this point.  But if there is demand, I would assume this might be an option down the line.

- Jim

HT cOz

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jan 2021, 05:21 pm »
As far as I know, there is no black cone alternative at this point.  But if there is demand, I would assume this might be an option down the line.

- Jim

Here is the black NAC driver vs the white ceramic CAC driver.