Anyone Biwire ACI Jaguars?

Lkdog

« on: 11 Aug 2005, 06:53 am »
I have a new pair of ACI Jags (non LFM) and am using DH LAbs Silversonic T14 single wire connected to the top posts.

Any advantage to biwiring the Jaguars in people's experience?

What does ACI say on this issue?

Am also thinking of trying some DH labs Q10 speaker cable as an upgrade.

Thanks for any input.

ksie

« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2005, 08:12 pm »
Hi Lkdog,

I own the Jag LFM, and would definitely reccomend bi-wiring.  Although the improvement is not huge, it's a relatively inexpensive tweak.  Especially if you're looking to upgrade speaker wire anyway.  I also use the DH Labs wires and it's not much of a cost upgrade to go bi-wire.

Seems to add a lot of air to the top-end and deepens the soundstage.  Again, not a massive improvement but noticeable.

Enjoy those Jags!!,
Karl

Lkdog

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2005, 03:53 am »
Ksie-

Thanks for the info.
I found a nice deal on some used DH Labs Q10 wire this week. Should have it in  few days.
Will try that alone, but also maybe in a bi wre setup with the Q10 on bottom and some T14 on top for the tweeter.
Will post how it turns out.
Still playing around with speaker placement/toe in right now.

Lkdog

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2005, 03:05 am »
Quick update.
Tried the bi wire setup tonight with Dh Labs Silversonic T14 on top and DH Labs Q10 on bottom on the Jaguars.
The experiment was a significant pleasant surprise as I did not know what to expect if anything.
Definitely more low end extension, more air between instruments, more soundstage depth, better detail.
I am liking the Jaguars very much at this point.

jkscherk

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2005, 07:49 pm »
Karl...I sent you a PM.

John