Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever.

johngalt47

Re: Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever.
« Reply #20 on: 12 Aug 2011, 11:39 am »
I don't see a way to buy these on the web site.

jeffh

« Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2011, 12:00 pm »
I don't see a way to buy these on the web site.

bottom of post#1

You'll need to call to order these. GR Research 940-592-3400

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 12 Aug 2011, 01:25 pm »
Can five of them make a great HT or would it be an overkill especially as a centre speaker?

Yes.

P.S. Just wondering, why has this kit not been listed on the GR Research website

It will. The web site needs several updates, but time spent working on the website always looses out to time spent shipping out orders.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #23 on: 12 Aug 2011, 06:23 pm »
Yes.

Hi Danny, is that 'Yes' is to say that it would be a great HT setup or is it to say that it would be an overkill for centre speaker. :scratch: :?

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 12 Aug 2011, 06:44 pm »
Hi Danny, is that 'Yes' is to say that it would be a great HT setup or is it to say that it would be an overkill for centre speaker. :scratch: :?

Yes, it would make a great HT setup.

phowell

« Reply #25 on: 16 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm »
Hi Danny,

Can you email me cabinet plans for both the x omni and x static?

I'd email you as per your request in another post but Im on probation as a new member.

Are there many kits left of the ls-x, encore, omni and static? (I want to buy a bunch but currenly only have debt. Trying to figure out how long I have )

Thanks very much.
 best,

Perry

Danny Richie

« Reply #26 on: 16 Aug 2011, 10:24 pm »
Can you email me cabinet plans for both the x omni and x static?

No problem Perry.

I'd email you as per your request in another post but Im on probation as a new member.

No worries. It's only for a few posts so we can make sure you are a real person and not a spammer.

Are there many kits left of the ls-x, encore, omni and static? (I want to buy a bunch but currenly only have debt. Trying to figure out how long I have )

I have parts in stock for hundreds of each model.

Shot me an e-mail that I can respond to and I'll fire those plans right over to you. Send it to: info@gr-research.com

BLWTX

« Reply #27 on: 18 Aug 2011, 08:25 pm »
Can you build an X-MTM Encore speaker out of the X-CS Encore kit or is a different crossover required for the X-MTM Encore?

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 18 Aug 2011, 08:44 pm »
Can you build an X-MTM Encore speaker out of the X-CS Encore kit or is a different crossover required for the X-MTM Encore?

That is the same speaker just a larger ported enclosure.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #29 on: 22 Aug 2011, 01:50 pm »
Working out with another friend for a joint buy. BTW, they are $109 a pair. So how to work out the cost for 5 speakers? :scratch:

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 22 Aug 2011, 02:04 pm »
Working out with another friend for a joint buy. BTW, they are $109 a pair. So how to work out the cost for 5 speakers? :scratch:

A single unit is half the price.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #31 on: 30 Aug 2011, 10:42 am »
A centre speaker is best placed horizontally I'm told so this one would look asymmetrical. Is there anything else that you suggest along with two sets of X-LS mini monitors to restore symmetry ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 30 Aug 2011, 01:42 pm »
The X-CS is the center channel version. It is a sealed box MTM desgin.

bearberry

« Reply #33 on: 30 Aug 2011, 09:48 pm »
Hi Danny,

What size room and positioning from walls is appropriate for the X-Statiks?

Thanks for making this deal available.

bearberry

Danny Richie

« Reply #34 on: 31 Aug 2011, 01:28 am »
Hi Danny,

What size room and positioning from walls is appropriate for the X-Statiks?

Thanks for making this deal available.

bearberry

Room size is not much of an issue, but in any room (regardless of size), you have to pull them at least 3 feet out from the wall. And more is better. This is stardard for any open baffle speaker.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #35 on: 5 Sep 2011, 12:31 pm »
X-LS Encore: $149 a pair.

This was an upgraded version of the original X-LS. A few pics here: http://av123.wetpaint.com/page/X-LS+Encore

These were reviewed by Positive Feedback, and several others. A Skiing Ninja upgraded version also won the small speaker shoot out by Stereo Mojo: http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Speaker%20Shootout%202007/SmallSpeakerShootout2007Part1.htm

What constituents are different in the upgraded version? Is this upgraded version same as that of Skiing Ninja upgraded version?
« Last Edit: 5 Sep 2011, 05:07 pm by rajesh »

Danny Richie

« Reply #36 on: 5 Sep 2011, 03:46 pm »
What constituents are different in the upgraded version? Is this upgraded version same as that of Skiing Ninja upgraded version?

The upgraded version that won the shoot out was sent from Sean. It had a hand assembled crossover with Sonicaps, Mills resistors, and Erse XQ inductors. It was also lined with No Rez.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #37 on: 5 Sep 2011, 05:24 pm »
The upgraded version that won the shoot out was sent from Sean. It had a hand assembled crossover with Sonicaps, Mills resistors, and Erse XQ inductors. It was also lined with No Rez.

I think my question was a little confusing and hence did not get the full answer.:duh:  What I understand is that the version that won the shootout is not only the encore version but in addition, also had Sonicaps, Mills resistors and Erse XQ inductors and also lined with "No Rez"

I'll rephrase the part that was not answered. :)

What are the exact differences between the "original X-LS" and the "X-LS Encore" kits and also between "original X-CS & X-CS Encore" kits? :scratch:

Is the Encore available along with Sonicaps, Mills Resistors and Erse XQ inductors? If yes, how much would that cost? :roll:

Danny Richie

« Reply #38 on: 5 Sep 2011, 07:29 pm »
What are the exact differences between the "original X-LS" and the "X-LS Encore" kits and also between "original X-CS & X-CS Encore" kits?

The Encore series uses the Peerless tweeter. It is one of the best dome tweeters on the market. Also a lot more expensive than the tweeter in the standard (or classic) version.

Is the Encore available along with Sonicaps, Mills Resistors and Erse XQ inductors? If yes, how much would that cost?

You can replicate any of the crossovers with the top notch level parts and point to point wire it. Or you can pop off the standard poly caps and replace them with the Sonicaps using the stock crossover board. That will be the biggest bang for the buck. Prices for parts vary with model and depends on how much of it you want to upgrade.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #39 on: 6 Sep 2011, 01:04 pm »
If we stick to the original box plan, what would be the specs? I mean the frequency response, the nominal impedance, power handling, sensitivity, crossover point etc?