Pirates and Mates(or mateys) Seafood Party, Saturday Nov. 11 starting at 2 pm

daves

We are targeting a little gathering for one of the Saturdays AFTER Don's little fete. November 11, beginning at 2pm.

A twist for this one is we would ask everyone to bring some booty from the sea...I think we will make a seafood pot pie, Debbie is talking about a seafood stew; that leaves chowdas, shrimp cocktails, BBQ shrimp, and other assorted tidbits and sea bonbons for the taking.

I have picked up a little 100wpc Mondial Aragon A100 SS amp, a Sun Audio tube preamp and a set of Cornwalls, so there is a little new blood here. Plus you never know what you might hear, or will be in a system. How 'bout it?
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2017, 12:09 am by daves »

popthinker

Re: Thinking about a Pirates and Mates Seafood Party
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2017, 06:10 pm »
I'm in with my seafood concoction.

Baumli

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2017, 10:39 am »
Dave,

Abbe is a vegetable ... I mean, vegetarian. What seafood, besides seaweed, would work for her?

By the way--no raw oysters for me. That is one delicacy I never could wrap my squeamish sensibilities around.

Fishing for answers,

Francis

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2017, 03:13 pm »
I'll try and be in, but I'm oftentimes at the Symphony on Saturdays for broadcast prep.

I'm using Aragon A100x3's to currently biamp my Concert Grands.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2017, 12:47 am »
I'll bring some shrimp gumbo and some Yuengling beers youse Dudes didn't drink up.

Good to see everyone today !

Cheers, Don Bingaman (aka Binger)

daves

Bump for setting the date. We might drag out the Fulton Modular Js, since we have an stout amp to spank them now.

daves

Mike finished a power refurbishing on a Lafayette KT600 tube preamp, so we will have one of the premier tube preamps of the 1960s in the kitchen setup. The main room also has a new to the scene Crown Straight Line 2 preamp in the mix, as well.

popthinker

I'll be there with seafood soup.

daves

We picked up Larry the lobster, some scallops, shrimp, and crabmeat. Liam is going to try his hand at canapes with some good jazz on the side!

daves

And we also have some Nelson Pass gear in for a visit.

popthinker

Dave, thanks for having the pirates and mateys over!

The mateys bashed heads over digital hoops. The pirates discourse stretched over 'a vast' number of topics. The 'depth' of knowledge in this group never 'seas' to amaze me. As you were...

Batsong

I'll run my Jolly Roger up the flag pole and give an "Aye Matey" to all the great company, food and of course the bountiful treasure of audio gear that many a' pirate would give their left leg for!