Still need boxes for my VR-35's. Can someone help?

Todd R

Still need boxes for my VR-35's. Can someone help?
« on: 29 May 2018, 12:14 am »
My speakers did not come with the original packaging.
I would like the proper boxes for them so when we move, they don't get damaged.
I have contacted the company many times and even spoke to company employees in person at shows with no luck.
Is anyone interested in parting with their boxes?
Thanks

Delacroix

Re: Still need boxes for my VR-35's. Can someone help?
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2018, 12:30 am »
I suspect shows are not the best places to deal with such things - maybe give VSA a call or email Leif and have a set shipped. I doubt it's too expensive but it will cost something.

Todd R

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2018, 01:16 am »
It have called and e mailed. Several times last year and have e mailed twice recently with no response.

Delacroix

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2018, 02:15 am »
Let me see if I can scare up a response...

Todd R

« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2018, 10:00 am »
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Todd R

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jun 2018, 10:19 am »
I got the shipping info from VonSchweikert, but shipping costs from CA to MI are really expensive.
So, does anyone close to MI have VR-35 or VR-33 boxes they's be willing to part with?

SundayNiagara

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2018, 02:44 pm »
I got the shipping info from VonSchweikert, but shipping costs from CA to MI are really expensive.
So, does anyone close to MI have VR-35 or VR-33 boxes they's be willing to part with?

Bite the bullet & buy them and regard it as an investment. :)

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jun 2018, 05:07 pm »
If you are looking for moving boxes, not shipping boxes, I've known people to buy refrigerator boxes, cut them down, seal with packaging tape and pack foam / bubble wrap around the speakers inside the box.   If you think you might ship them, then I'd want an original box.  Shipping will put a lot more stress on the box.

I still have the original boxes for my VR-4s from 1995.  They've been through 5 moves, being shipped to VSA in California for an upgrade, and a flood.  They are very gnarly, with the cardboard starting to peel off.  Thinking about finally ditching them.  Just used them again 2 months ago.
« Last Edit: 6 Jun 2018, 12:52 am by Tom Bombadil »

htradtk

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jun 2018, 11:14 pm »
Todd,

Invest in the original shipping crates, you can’t go wrong. Ive owned my VR-5 Anniversary MKII’s for 10 years now and used them to ship back to VSA for the MKII upgrade. Also they give your speakers more value.

Happy listening,
Henry

SundayNiagara

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jun 2018, 12:26 am »
Todd,

Invest in the original shipping crates, you can’t go wrong. Ive owned my VR-5 Anniversary MKII’s for 10 years now and used them to ship back to VSA for the MKII upgrade. Also they give your speakers more value.

Happy listening,
Henry

Bingo!

Todd R

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jun 2018, 10:00 am »
Guys, there is no question the boxes would be a solid investment. I'm hoping someone on this site has decided they don't need theirs before I pay big bucks for a new set.
I'll give it about another week and see if anyone comes around.

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #11 on: 6 Jun 2018, 02:33 pm »
Hi Todd,
 Have you tried U-Haul? They have a large wardrobe box and a sports utility box that might work for you. Also bubble wrap and tape. You might have to jury rig a box.....Mark Korda(https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Boxes/Specialty-boxes/Sport-Utility-Box/?id=8725)

OzarkTom

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jun 2018, 03:07 pm »
If you are close to a U-Line outlet, they might have them.