Bryston 2B amps

TimeyWimey

Bryston 2B amps
« on: 4 May 2023, 12:20 pm »
Just a note to say how much I enjoy my vintage pair of 2Bs (SE outputs). I’ve owned a single unit for years, and it sounded great, buzz when I added a second and bridged them each to mono, they really gave some serious boost in clarity and sizzle without being too forward.  I’m driving Magnepan LRS speakers, and punching sources through an other wonderful piece of vi take gear, a PS Audio PS IV preamp. I’m wondering if others have gone through that journey of going from a one box stereo setup to bridged mono amps. For me it’s one of the few revelatory audio experiences I’ve had, in terms of flat response, and especially soundstage.  Others’ thoughts welcome—thanks in advance for any reflections regarding the same or similar gear.

LedZep

Re: Bryston 2B amps
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2023, 06:34 pm »
I did the same. First single 2b lp. Then 2 units mono bridged and finally 2 units with horizantal biamping. They were great at each step with 90 dB Pmc 20.22

Then 4b, 14b and 7bs with Atc Scm 19 V2.

I have 7bs with B&W 801 Matrix now. They are ST and they are as pure as 2b LPs.

Each combination has always been with bp 26.

colhogan

Re: Bryston 2B amps
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2023, 10:05 pm »
I have found using a single 2BLP in Stereo is fine for most applications.
I added second unit in mono and found improvements in dynamics & gain.
As long as your loudspeakers are not 4ohms,and of average sensitivity,(87db or higher), A pair of bridged 2BLP's is fine.