mr_bill

Re: BDA-2 DAC
« Reply #120 on: 17 Dec 2012, 04:52 am »
BUC-1
Bryston Usb Converter  (BUC)

Blackstone

« Reply #121 on: 29 Dec 2012, 03:33 am »
Sweet DAC James. I went with the Ayre QB because the Asynchronous USB on BDA-1 was not available but now you've got a real contender.

Your DAC actually up samples redbook 44.1 to 192? My dad's dCS can take redbook up to DSD and we love it. Very cool.

Robert D

« Reply #122 on: 29 Dec 2012, 04:18 pm »
James, what is the time frame Delivery on a BDA-2 .
With all the orders on Hand

Let me know

Regards Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #123 on: 29 Dec 2012, 06:11 pm »
James, what is the time frame Delivery on a BDA-2 .
With all the orders on Hand

Let me know

Regards Robert

Hi

About 3 weeks from order.

James

Robert D

« Reply #124 on: 29 Dec 2012, 06:24 pm »
James, will the shipments 3 weeks down the road have latest software updates ? :wink:

Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #125 on: 29 Dec 2012, 06:31 pm »
James, will the shipments 3 weeks down the road have latest software updates ? :wink:

Robert

The DAC software rarely changes after release.

James

Robert D

« Reply #126 on: 29 Dec 2012, 06:54 pm »
Thanks James

Looking forward to it

Robert

werd

« Reply #127 on: 29 Dec 2012, 08:32 pm »
Robert

You will love the dac.  :thumb:

Robert D

« Reply #128 on: 30 Dec 2012, 01:32 pm »
Robert

You will love the dac.  :thumb:

I can't wait .... Werd  But as I asked James he says 3 weeks down the road.

Werd Which in puts are you using on your BDA-2 ?

My BDP-1 is connected to my BDA-1 VIA  AES-EBU
My BCD-1 is connected as well SPDIF BNC TO BDA-1

Regards Robert

werd

« Reply #129 on: 30 Dec 2012, 02:52 pm »
Robert

I use the xlr and the RCA with a bnc adaptor on the bdp. Same as the BDA 1.

acadie

« Reply #130 on: 31 Dec 2012, 07:40 pm »
For the new owners of the BDA-2, any issues with it?

How long of a breaking time the Bryston DAC needs to be at full potential?

A friend of mine just pick up a new BDA-2 (dec 20) and he said the sound is just plain terrible. Told him to wait for 150 hours ( that what it took the BDA-1 when I bought one almost 1.5 yrs ago). From memory, the new unit sounded OK out of the box  but did improved over the first 150-200 hours.

My friend is saying that the top are edgy. He uses a Sim Audio integraded amp , a pair of Totem Staff and a Sqeeze Box unit to stream the music.

werd

« Reply #131 on: 31 Dec 2012, 08:48 pm »
What was he using before?

Robert D

« Reply #132 on: 31 Dec 2012, 09:44 pm »
Robert

I use the xlr and the RCA with a bnc adaptor on the bdp. Same as the BDA 1.

Werd same here I'm balanced as well, have you tried the AES/EBU  connection out of the BDP-1
to you BDA-2 ?

My BCD-1 is as well Balanced i'm using SPDIF / BNC

Robert

acadie

« Reply #133 on: 31 Dec 2012, 11:07 pm »
What was he using before?

He was using the Bryston BDA-1 that I sold him. He went for the BDA-2 because of the new USB input.

werd

« Reply #134 on: 31 Dec 2012, 11:11 pm »
Werd same here I'm balanced as well, have you tried the AES/EBU  connection out of the BDP-1
to you BDA-2 ?

My BCD-1 is as well Balanced i'm using SPDIF / BNC

Robert

I use the wywires xlr for that always. And I use the atlas opus in RCA with a. Bnc adapt also. Both are awesome. But also very different.

werd

« Reply #135 on: 31 Dec 2012, 11:34 pm »
He was using the Bryston BDA-1 that I sold him. He went for the BDA-2 because of the new USB input.

It's just new, he isn't used to it. It's a smoother dac than the bda1. Mind you I haven't tried the USB yet. :scratch:

Ottawa HiFi

« Reply #136 on: 6 Jan 2013, 05:39 am »
Hello all,

I am the person with the BDA-2 in question (from Ottawa with Totem Staffs: it's gotta be me!). 

I upgraded from the BDA-1 to gain the functionality of Asynchronous USB functionality.
I've had the BDA-2 for two weeks now and I have been running it constantly.

The main issue I initially had was sibilance with the sound.  Some fellow audio colleagues have suggested I wait a couple of hundred hours in order
for the unit to break in. 

After about 2 weeks, the sound is still sibilant.  I don't know if it is my ears playing tricks on me, but I thought it was improving at one point, but
after today, I must conclude it is just the same signature as before.

I will contact Bryston to see what comments they have for me.  When I bypass the BDA-2, the sibilance goes away.  I am perplexed.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #137 on: 6 Jan 2013, 11:44 am »
Hello all,

I am the person with the BDA-2 in question (from Ottawa with Totem Staffs: it's gotta be me!). 

I upgraded from the BDA-1 to gain the functionality of Asynchronous USB functionality.

The main issue I initially had was sibilance with the sound.  Some fellow audio colleagues have suggested I wait a couple of hundred hours in order

After about 2 weeks, the sound is still sibilant.  I don't know if it is my ears playing tricks on me, but I thought it was improving at one point, but

I will contact Bryston to see what comments they have for me.  When I bypass the BDA-2, the sibilance goes away.  I am perplexed.

Hi

Got your PM and we will have a look at your unit - very strange :scratch:

james

Robert D

« Reply #138 on: 6 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm »
Hello all,

One of your Buddies posted a little ways back that you were having problems with your BDA-2
Mr Ottawa, can you post the outcome once Bryston returns your unit

Regards Robert

werd

« Reply #139 on: 6 Jan 2013, 01:33 pm »
Hello all,

Hi

What input are you using?