bi-amp with Reference C-core???

lothar

bi-amp with Reference C-core???
« on: 1 Jul 2008, 03:54 pm »
Hi,
Iam newbie in bi-amp. My situation is like this:
Midrange and highs goes by passive crossover and I want to go with active bas.
It is possible? :
CDP>tvc<valve amp(RCA)<mids and highs drivers
           <behringer DCX2496(XLR)<transistor amp(XLR)<bass drivers

Sorry for my english...

Thanks
L

awkwardbydesign

Re: bi-amp with Reference C-core???
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2008, 12:50 pm »
Yes.
Input impedances combined of valve amp (usually very high) and active xover must be high enough not to affect frequency response.  I doubt it will be a problem.  You will need a RCA to XLR lead, I make up my own, have a look at TNT's XLO type DIY leads.
I use a 3 way active xover, it is so transparent and adjustable, if I change drivers I can adjust xover point, levels and balance all day long!  Sometimes I even listen to music.  I also change resistors, caps, ICs, sockets, potentiometers, wiring, metalwork, power supply, and house wiring. 
Sometimes I even listen to music!  My (standard) TVC lets me listen at very low levels, as it is very late when I have finished changing everything around.

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2008, 01:01 pm »
If the balanced version tvc is used then you can use both the XLR and the RCA at the same time
our tvc for balanced are done in true balance format. This allows the user to use the XLR output and the RCA output at the same time

lothar

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2008, 11:28 pm »
Yes, but it will by work? With valve amp and transistor amp? Behringer is to set frequence and EQ of OB bass.  Do I will need some filters to match impedances of both amps?

Regards

lothar

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jul 2008, 11:42 pm »
I was listen 300b with tvc and like it, also I was listen Eq Open Baffle bass and like it.
My highs and mids is 96-98db.