Custom chassis for your TVC, anyone???

Christof

Re: Custom chassis for your TVC, anyone???
« Reply #20 on: 8 Mar 2008, 10:56 pm »
Here is the prototype TVC case for F-100 (Derrick).  This one is built from American Black Walnut with same species keys in the mitered corners for strength.  The top panel is a 3/8" gloss black acrylic panel.  The wood has only been sealed at this point.  Holes still need to be drilled out and lacquer topcoats applied.

IronLion

« Reply #21 on: 8 Mar 2008, 11:09 pm »
That looks pretty damn cool, the shapes on it (the rounded faceplate primarily) remind me of a metal enclosure.  Nice work. 

anthony a.

« Reply #22 on: 12 Mar 2008, 02:00 am »
wow. looks sweet.  can you do this for the promi dac?  if so, how much?

tanchiro58

« Reply #23 on: 12 Mar 2008, 02:33 am »
Chris,

It looks very nice. Would you do for Promitheus Apollo preamp? I will PM you the dimensions.  :thumb:

Here is a picture of Apollo preamp (left) with the external power supply (middle).

Thanks.

Tan
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2008, 06:37 am by tanchiro58 »

JoshK

« Reply #24 on: 12 Mar 2008, 02:38 am »
very niiiice. 

F-100

« Reply #25 on: 12 Mar 2008, 04:30 am »
Wow!!!! :drool:  :drool:

Christof

« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2008, 02:02 am »
wow. looks sweet.  can you do this for the promi dac?  if so, how much?

Yes, I'm hoping to pick up one of Nick's DAC"s myself and build a new case for it.  You will need to send me an e-mail or PM for price info.

It looks very nice. Would you do for Promitheus Apollo preamp? I will PM you the dimensions.  Thumbs up

Here is a picture of Apollo preamp (left) with the external power supply (middle).

I don't see any problem building the for the TVC, Apollo or Dac.  I just need specifics and we can build just about anything...when time permits.  I have 5 preamp cases, below, that just need to be shot with lacquer and drilled out for knobs/rca's, two are already sold.

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2008, 01:58 pm by Christof »

Christof

« Reply #27 on: 10 Apr 2008, 04:52 pm »
Finally found a few minutes to finish up the Walnut TVC the knobs are from Nick, I thought the Ebony looked nice with the walnut....if it's not broke why fix it.  I could go on and on about the sound (or lack thereof) of these little TVC's but that would be old news to you folks :wink:  Hat's off to Nick :thumb: and a big thanks to F-100 for turning me on to TVC's.

kbuzz3

« Reply #28 on: 10 Apr 2008, 06:40 pm »
Can you give us some ballpark pricing on the cases shown. They are sweet!!!!!!! A custom case for an altman is an intersting thought, although what do you do with the ugly battery?

Christof

« Reply #29 on: 10 Apr 2008, 09:24 pm »
Thought I spoke with Nick about building custom cases for his products before posting in his circle and he was fine, I do not feel we should discuss custom cases for other products in his circle.  I can make a wood chassis box fit just anything so shoot me a PM and I'll let you know what can be done. :thumb: 

As for the TVC cases, I need to get around $300 to make it worth my time and even then it's more a "for the love of it" venture.  The price could go through the roof depending on how exotic one might choose to go with materials, fancy knobs, spikes, upgrades, etc....but a nice figured domestic wood case, like the Walnut one pictured with a constrained layer dampened bottom platform, can be made for around $300ish.