SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION

OzarkTom

Re: SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION
« Reply #20 on: 21 Oct 2016, 08:19 pm »
Looks like a million dollars. If they sound as good as they look, it will be a giant killer. With a used Crown 1500 on the bottom and Tommy's DAC SMT integrated 36v on the top will give great sound for less than 1500 bucks for the amps.

genjamon

« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2016, 08:38 pm »
Looks like a million dollars. If they sound as good as they look, it will be a giant killer. With a used Crown 1500 on the bottom and Tommy's DAC SMT integrated 36v on the top will give great sound for less than 1500 bucks for the amps.

No offense, Tom, but I think those interested in going with this price range of speaker will be seeking more than good lower budget value/money performance.  I'm thinking more like high quality SET up top, and a pair of Maraschino's or similar high quality class D on bottom...

OzarkTom

« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2016, 08:45 pm »
No offense, Tom, but I think those interested in going with this price range of speaker will be seeking more than good lower budget value/money performance.  I'm thinking more like high quality SET up top, and a pair of Maraschino's or similar high quality class D on bottom...

But these would make great sound without spending mega bucks. Everyone here cannot afford 20k plus I would pit the maraschino amps to any SET amp made today on the top end.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #23 on: 21 Oct 2016, 08:59 pm »
Clayton,

What minimum size room do you think is required for these?  Obviously them being of CD design is a big factor but I'm curious to know if you think they will be even more forgiving then the already exceptional M3 based on the polar plots.

Also, when will the options be setup on the website so I can see the pricing and options to make a decision or should I just call you?

They should work in moderately sized rooms fine because of the open baffle bass and excellent pattern control. But I have not tried them yet in a room smaller than the lab testing room which is 13 x 20. Plus, we have the ability to adjust the bass, so it should be pretty flexible, but can't say more than that yet. The polar performance is probably the best on the market which really helps in smaller rooms.

I am not quite done with the pricing options yet, so lets wait a few days before talking about. I am hoping to have it up on the website sometime Sunday.

Top Secret: Vinnie and I are now working on a diabolical plan to create an integrated LIO/X1 monster of titanic performance. Its game over for the old paradigm.

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us

genjamon

« Reply #24 on: 21 Oct 2016, 08:59 pm »
But these would make great sound without spending mega bucks. Everyone here cannot afford 20k plus I would pit the maraschino amps to any SET amp made today on the top end.

Maybe so, maybe not.  I'm very happy with my Line Magnetic 518ia, and haven't heard a digital amp yet that could get close.  But I haven't heard the maraschinos'.  However, I have very much heard the Crown in my own system, and for the level of performance I'd be expecting from the X1, that Crown would be nowhere near my system, even as a bass/sub amp...

audioguy213

« Reply #25 on: 21 Oct 2016, 09:06 pm »
Maybe so, maybe not.  I'm very happy with my Line Magnetic 518ia, and haven't heard a digital amp yet that could get close. 

I'll go one further, I have not heard a digital amp that beat a really fine class A/AB SS one, at least in my home.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct 2016, 09:06 pm »
They should work in moderately sized rooms fine because of the open baffle bass and excellent pattern control. But I have not tried them yet in a room smaller than the lab testing room which is 13 x 20. Plus, we have the ability to adjust the bass, so it should be pretty flexible, but can't say more than that yet. The polar performance is probably the best on the market which really helps in smaller rooms.

I am not quite done with the pricing options yet, so lets wait a few days before talking about. I am hoping to have it up on the website sometime Sunday.

Top Secret: Vinnie and I are now working on a diabolical plan to create an integrated LIO/X1 monster of titanic performance. Its game over for the old paradigm.

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us

As an extremely happy Spatial and Vinnie Rossi owner (who goes back to each of your earlier companies and offerings), I am glad to hear that you are guys are working on a possible "joint" offering.

George

TomS

« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2016, 10:05 pm »

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us
Oh yeah, this would be very special  :green:

OzarkTom

« Reply #28 on: 22 Oct 2016, 01:24 am »

I'll go one further, I have not heard a digital amp that beat a really fine class A/AB SS one, at least in my home.

Same here until I got the Marashino Cherries with the 30 volt power supples in. I hear the Goldens are even better.

I would have never believed Class D could ever sound this good. A lot better than the Job 225 amp did.

mirekti

« Reply #29 on: 22 Oct 2016, 08:13 am »

I've already started drooling.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: 22 Oct 2016, 05:18 pm »
Oh yeah, this would be very special  :green:
Yep, think it just cost me $10k   :lol:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: 22 Oct 2016, 09:36 pm »
Yep, think it just cost me $10k   :lol:
Actually it really did. Just put the deposit down to get on the list.  I'll fly out to UT to listen to them in a couple of months.   :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 28 Oct 2016, 02:25 pm »
Any updates?   :hyper:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #33 on: 3 Nov 2016, 04:50 pm »
Any updates?   :hyper:

All,

It is true that Clayton and I have been working on some very cool solutions (yes, there will be more than one!)
to be used with the Spatial Audio X1's.  8)

We hope to begin sharing this information with you all in about a week, so hang on... it's coming!

Updates will be coming (and I'll also post them on the Vinnie Rossi forum when it's time), and yes, Clayton will be
updating his website.

I've very excited to be working with Clayton on this!  2017 is going to be another AWESOME year  :singing:

Vinnie

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #34 on: 3 Nov 2016, 05:38 pm »
Interesting design but how do you get an 18" waveguide hold pattern control down to 300hz? :scratch:

Spatial Audio

« Reply #35 on: 3 Nov 2016, 06:06 pm »
Interesting design but how do you get an 18" waveguide hold pattern control down to 300hz? :scratch:

The waveguide maintains pattern control down to about 600Hz. A widening pattern below that point down to the crossover had no adverse affects in listening tests, due to how low in frequency it is.

Clayton Shaw
SPATIAL AUDIO
spatialaudio.us

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: 7 Nov 2016, 07:57 pm »
Plans are all set for me to fly to UT to see/hear the X1's.  Looking forward to December.   :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #37 on: 7 Nov 2016, 08:19 pm »
Plans are all set for me to fly to UT to see/hear the X1's.  Looking forward to December.   :thumb:

Looking forward to your field report.

George

reillyzing

« Reply #38 on: 7 Nov 2016, 08:22 pm »
If it works out that you're able to, please compare to the M3 Turbo S while you're there. I know you already own the M3 but a more side by side comparison would be great.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 7 Nov 2016, 08:30 pm »
If it works out that you're able to, please compare to the M3 Turbo S while you're there. I know you already own the M3 but a more side by side comparison would be great.
That's part of the plan...however, there is limited time and I know the M3 very well.