Bugle output

montysano

Bugle output
« on: 19 Jan 2008, 04:33 pm »
Hi all,

I searched the archives but didn't see a good match to my question.

I just  built a Bugle, and while it sounds good, the output seems very low.  I'm running  Denon table witha Grado Green cart through a Luxman R-1070 receiver.  When I run through the Luxman's phono stage, I get nice loud punchy sound at about 60% of volume control travel.  With the Bugle, I'm 80-90% of  travel to get an equivalent sound.  I like what the Bugle does with acoustic music: amazing mids and highs, better placement of elements in the soundstage.  But with thumpier music, it's a bit thin.

Are there any reommended mods?  Or should I just realize that the Luxman probably has a pretty darn good phono stage?

monty

hagtech

Re: Bugle output
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2008, 02:18 am »
Re-check all of the resistor values.  Perhaps something is off.  That could affect either gain or EQ.

jh

montysano

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2008, 05:09 am »
Re-check all of the resistor values.  Perhaps something is off.  That could affect either gain or EQ.

jh

I've been back through it twice; all appears to be correct.  Thanks, jh.

jcg0322

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2008, 03:09 pm »
Monty,
If you like, I have an extra Bugle I could send you to try out and use to make a comparison. It's brand new and tested good. If it works better, you can keep it, just send me your old one.
Thanks,
Jack

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2008, 08:11 pm »
Dead op-amp? There are three, and if one was not working right it would probably be that much lower of volume right? I am not sure if you would still get signal if one was not working right though, never seen the inside of one.