Looking for a facilitator for the OB Circle

mcgsxr

Looking for a facilitator for the OB Circle
« on: 20 Mar 2017, 10:01 pm »
It has been my pleasure (and great learning experience) to facilitate this circle since the inception (when I was initially a co-facilitator) about 9 years ago.

My personal audio journey has taken me in and out of OB over the years.  I am presently building some DIY towers (yes monkey coffins).

I would love to hear from folks that can put in the time (and level headedness!) that it requires to look after this popular forum.

Thanks!

mcgsxr

Re: Looking for a facilitator for the OB Circle
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2017, 06:29 pm »
Bump.

A friendly reminder that if a Circle does not have a facilitator it can be closed.

If you spend time here and are passionate about OB, why not get involved? 

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2017, 07:29 pm »
Could you explain what would the responsabilities be?
Thanks

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2017, 08:28 pm »
Pretty simple stuff really, but it does require checking in on the circle daily (I found a couple of times best).

• look for posts requiring approval - review and approve as required
  • look for "conflict" in posts and ask folks to tone it down or cool off
  • remove posts that don't belong
  • report stuff that is offensive/troublesome
  • act like the kind of moderator we would all want to "see" in action
  • generally be helpful and share what you know

I imagine there will need to be approval of the next facilitator.  At this point looking for folks who spend time here to help out as I have for a while now.  I am not going anywhere, I will remain an active member of AC.

I have really enjoyed it.  It does take some time but this circle has been fairly simple to keep on an even keel.

harley.guy07

« Reply #4 on: 4 Apr 2017, 05:54 am »
I would be interested in hearing more on the day do day dealings with being a facilitator. I have a little experience with it but not a lot but I am real good at computers. I would like to show my interest

mcgsxr

« Reply #5 on: 4 Apr 2017, 01:31 pm »
Much of the work is checking in on the threads, reviewing and approving posts and watching the interaction to ensure it stays friendly enough.

At times one needs to move threads and answer questions from members about comments or movement of threads.  On rare occasion those interactions can become heated.  I have never had what I would consider a heated interaction here.  I have fielded questions from some members, and I believe that my responses may not have 100% satisfied them at times.  Comes with the territory.

Typically to become a moderator, you need to have demonstrated time and commitment here.  A track record of helpful posts over time kind of builds up a reputation.

By memory I had been a member for around 3 years, and had ~1000 posts when I became a moderator here.  I don't moderate anywhere else.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #6 on: 4 Apr 2017, 02:13 pm »
I am pretty new to the OB game. But I wouldn't mind giving it a shot if I am qualified.

Shakey

Shakeydeal

« Reply #7 on: 5 Apr 2017, 10:57 am »
Or not..........

Either way..........

Shakey

mcgsxr

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2017, 11:12 am »
Working with someone on it.

"Local" reputation helps.  A track record of posts on AC etc. 

JohnR

« Reply #9 on: 5 Apr 2017, 12:24 pm »
Hi, sorry for the confusion, Mark and I did discuss it and I'll be taking the reins for now. Thank you.