IDA-16 Power consumption

StevenC

IDA-16 Power consumption
« on: 12 Mar 2018, 03:49 am »
Hi, Does anyone knows about the power consumption on IDA-16? I couldn't find anyway in the manual nor on web site. I am planing to let it on at all time but will depends on its consumption. My IDA-16 just unwrapped new few days ago and sound getting better everyday when it breaks it.

StevenC

Re: IDA-16 Power consumption
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2018, 10:40 am »
I tried to seek an answer from Nuprime dealer network however no answer for more then a week!Why the IDA-16 does not list the specs clearly like the DAC-10 below:

Power Consumption:
With 110V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 1.17W.
With 230V outlet, the standby power consumption is below 2W.
With 110V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 13W.
With 230V outlet, the idle power consumption is below 14W.

Hope to get an answer at here or hopefully Nuprime will reply to the dealer about this question soon

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2018, 05:58 pm »
Something R&D forgot to include and now they are too busy for us to get their attention. It is not a big number, my best guess is 10+W, this is assuming that you are not muting the amp, which shut the amp off.  The DAC has a linear PSU so the number is about the same as the amp.  Basically they are all within this range and nobody pay attention (until now).
I will get them to provide the number.

Genez

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2018, 06:37 pm »
Hi, Does anyone knows about the power consumption on IDA-16? I couldn't find anyway in the manual nor on web site. I am planing to let it on at all time but will depends on its consumption. My IDA-16 just unwrapped new few days ago and sound getting better everyday when it breaks it.

When I was using a Furman Elite -15DMi power conditioner it would show the amperage reading of my equipment. I contacted Furman about what I was seeing. With my preamp and amp using the same typology as found in the IDA -16, it appeared that the Furman was malfunctioning because the reading seemed way too low even while playing. Furman showed me how to test the conditioner.  It was fine.   Its just that the Nuprime's unique high efficiency design made the Furman appear to be misreading it to be too low.   It has very little draw.  Its like the new light bulbs that draw only 9 watts to give the equivalent of a 60 watt bulb. 

seikosha

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2018, 10:54 pm »
For what it’s worth, my STA-9 draws 17 watts at idle.

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2018, 05:29 am »
Some of the products have linear power supplies (heavy big copper transformer) and they all consume about the same power during idle.

StevenC

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2018, 08:37 am »
Many thanks for the answer, I am power on at all time now just to make sure it operate at top performance at all time :D, happy Easter for everyone :-)