A Vistit from an Aussie Pie Member

Scott F.

« on: 14 Apr 2004, 07:44 pm »
Hey Guys,

Don't know what anybody is doing this weekend but Malcom Fear from our neighbors Aussie Pie is going to be in St Louis for the next few days. It seems he will hit town late Friday and will be here for another day or two.

We've (my wife and I) been talking to him about going to Blueberry Hill, hanging out on the Loop and then finishing up with a trip to Ted Drewes for some frozen custard.

Since we are all at Sturgus' Friday night, I thought Saturday night we could treat Malcom to some local flavors.

Anybody interested coming along for the late afternoon and evening?

Mike D, might be a really good chance for you and your wife to see a little more of St Louis. Saturday is supposed to be 80 degees and just beautiful. Should be a great day to hang out and people watch.

electricbear

« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2004, 01:21 am »
I'm working on Saturday but feel free to bring him past the store if you want. I might possably be able to meet you down at TD's later on ,it would make a good excuse to take the bike out for a blast.

sturgus

« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2004, 02:33 am »
Scott if Malcom is a Jazz lover he might want to go to Jazz at the Bistro. Montey Alexander and Less McCann are playing through Sat. 2 shows per nite 8:30  and 10:30.
Sturgus

Scott F.

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2004, 03:10 pm »
Well, you all missed a great time.

Malcolm and his wife Toni came out to the house and we listened to my gear for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Malcolm and Toni use a full range speaker and active sub (Diatones and a Kef sub) along with the AKSA amp. They seemed to enjoy the 2a3/Lowther/Goodmans a lot.

After a few hours of spinning tunes Laura and I took them down to the U City Loop. Of course we made the trip to Blueberry Hill and got a burger and basket of fries. The wait was long but we filled it with some great conversation talking about everything from children to cultural differences.

The Loop was hopping. The sidewalks were packed with people taking advantage of a beautiful evening. After wandering around BB Hill and taking in all of Joe Edwards collections of retro-culture we wandered over to Vintage Vinyl (gee, imagine that). This place was packed too. We thumbed through the vinyl and picked up a few pieces and then we were off to Ted Drewes.

Boy this place was packed. I'd bet there were 500 people in line waiting to get Concretes. Malcolm and Toni seemed to really enjoy injesting a weeks worth of calories at a single sitting.

After that it was time to call it an evening. Sounds as if they are headed to Cardinal game tomorrow. I told them to be sure and sit in the bleachers and have some fun. After that I think they are headed down to Soulard for dinner and some Blues.

It was a very enjoyable time showing off our fine city to a couple of our neighbors from Aussie Pie.

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2004, 02:35 pm »
Hi all
Toni and I want to thank Scott and Laura for a wonderful day and night. We heard some great hi fi, great music and learned about some of the "must see and do" things about St Louis. Deep fried cheese sticks and toasted ravioli a new treat for us Australians.

We went to a ball game on Sunday (our first). Bought tickets from a scalper, who ripped us off. I made sure he saw me take his photo. We got our money back without a problem. Another good thing about digital cameras. Ended up with great seats behind the plate.

Went to Springfield yesterday, to see a bit more of Route 66, and ended up in Branson. Strange place. Old stars don't die, they go to Branson.

Thanks again to Scott and Laura for great hospitality and a great day and night.

regards
Malcolm and Toni