Help for the St. Louis hifi vacuum?

electricbear

Re: Help for the St. Louis hifi vacuum?
« Reply #20 on: 5 Feb 2011, 10:29 pm »
I get a hallpass from TSR on Feb 19th. Is that a day that would work?

Scott F.

« Reply #21 on: 5 Feb 2011, 10:46 pm »
Tim, the 19th is the gathering at Daves house. I'll start another thread and see what people think about a possible later date. Would that work OK with you?

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
« Reply #22 on: 6 Feb 2011, 03:55 pm »
Hope you don't mind but I thought of another thing.  Facebook and social networking can be strongly targeted. Plus it's free until you start paying for a consultant. Might be well worth looking into.

kphelan

« Reply #23 on: 8 Feb 2011, 10:38 pm »
Who is MFP?  What is T+A tube gear?

---Kent

Hey Mike,

It's been a while since I've been down to MFP and talked to the guys, how is their T+A tube gear selling?

mitch stl

« Reply #24 on: 9 Feb 2011, 02:14 am »
Mike, just wanted to chime in and say I finally got to stop by your shop about 10 days ago and spent a couple of hours listening to your Harbeth 7ES-3s. Very enjoyable. You have some superb equipment that focuses on music, not flash and fad. I like that and hope your shop does well.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #25 on: 9 Feb 2011, 02:24 am »
Who is MFP?  What is T+A tube gear?

---Kent

MFP - Music For Pleasure

T + A - http://www.taelektroakustik.de/index.php?id=140&L=1

Wylie Williams

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.speakerandstereostore.com
« Reply #26 on: 16 Feb 2011, 10:38 pm »
My two cents: My storefront was open for 23 years, it was well located, had a huge amount of traffic, lots of audiophiles dropping by, carried name brand mid-fi and respectable and entry level audiophile components, offered home loans, gave discounts, took trade ins, and was considered to have a helpful non-snobbish staff. Results?  We had great mid-fi sales, but small results in the audiophile department. What would it take to be successful with an audiophile store in STL? MFP and Sound Room have good well-established stores, as did Fum, but what people tell me is that their doors stay open because of home theater installation, not two-channel.  I think Mike's new enterprise sounds almost an ideal test of whether St Louis has much prospect of supporting what we think of as an audiophile store.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #27 on: 16 Feb 2011, 10:50 pm »
I always liked Wylie's store, and I agree that his store offered all that w/o the attitude.   :thumb:  I bought quiet a few items there, and always enjoyed looking through the trade ins. 

Any updates on Hi-Fi-Fo-Fum?  How's Best Sound doing?  PM me if you don't want to post your comments.

BPoletti

« Reply #28 on: 17 Feb 2011, 01:42 am »
Business plan reality check:

Being a two channel audio dealer is one of the best ways to start a going out of business sale, even in large metropolitan areas.  What happened to Sound by Singer is just symptomatic of the industry.  They had a HUGE client base and still closed.

Most audiophile "stores" are in homes, listening sessions are by appointment only, with high pressure sales tactics.     

Those are the facts.